Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Stubborn First Plan

Why does this always seem to happen to me?

What happened?

Well...I was bored.
And tired of waiting for non responsive friends to respond.
So I took the initiative.
And contacted a friend of mine who lives nearby.
A possible plan was made.
That we could hang out after a certain time if things got done on their side.
Well.....about that hangout point.
I suddenly became popular.

Two other individuals texted me asking if I wanted to hang out.
One right after the other....like five minutes apart it seemed like.

I hate it when this happens.
Intensely dislike it.
Why do you NOW want to hang with me?
I already MADE OTHER plans.

They were tentative, but I was taking it on faith that...well the plan would happen.
And I didn't want the:
"Okay, I'll change my plans and do this instead."
And then have the first individual say:
"Okay I can hang out now!"
and then I'd have to say.
"Oh sorry...I'm busy doing something else...."

I've done that before.
But different.
I asked for help.
The individual said gimmie a moment.
and I was like...Okay!
Then I saw someone else...and asked them for help.
And they complied.
and I was like Great! I'm happy I got my help!
Only to have the other individual come up to me and say "Hey I can help now."
and then...I had to say...Oh I already got help.
I didn't like that feeling.
Where it was like...I wasn't patient enough.

I didn't want that to happen with plans.
Because if I try to juggle multiple plans...it ends up not working out and I feel rushed.
So basically...I was putting all my apples in one basket.
After all I can't be in three places at once.

So I stuck with my original plan...on the hopes that it would actually happen.
And told the other two. Sorry I already have plans.
Soon afterwards...the conversation with the first individual...seemed to hint at...
that I wouldn't be seeing them tonight.

But I'd already told the other two I had plans...
and I didn't want to suddenly say "Oh they fell through I can hang out now."

So in the end what happens?
I end up doing nothing.
As plans have fallen through all over. :(

Now I'm wondering....
If I make my own plans.....
and other things come up....
should I drop that first plan that I made?
And go with another option offered me?

I wonder if this is a sign....if I make plans and I'm suddenly offered others...that the first set of plans won't work out.
Hmmm
I dunno.
I do know though.
I'm very stubborn. I like to stick with the first plan.
After all it was the first plan.
But methinks...if the plan isn't set in stone. Like solid stone.
Next time...I will go with a different option offered to me.
Now...to figure out if a plan is set in stone or not lol.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

....had something to do...with me stacking things..animals? on top of each other in a tall tower.

-S.N.D





No comments:

Post a Comment