Sunday, May 13, 2012

Womanhood Day

This morning I received a text from my roommate that said:

Happy Womanhood Day!

lol, that gave me pause.
O.o Womanhood Day?

It's Mother's Day!

After thinking about it for a bit...it made sense.
Being a woman basically does equal being a mother.
and being a mother equals being a woman...

Sooo Womanhood Day basically is celebrating being a Mother, or the opportunity to become a mother.
But without the sadness behind knowing that...you're not a mother at the moment.
lol it's kind of like Valentines Day also has "Single Awareness Day" (SAD) same thing, different point of view.

Womanhood Day is a day to celebrate being a woman. And all the meanings behind it.
And I guess it works for all of us single girls out there :) lol.

But still ^^ I like Mother's Day alot more.
Because we're celebrating our Moms!
All the stuff they've done for us over the years.
There are other holidays (like valentines day) that can celebrate being a woman.
But only one special day to celebrate our Moms. ^^

lol...thinking about it....it sounds weird if you say "Happy Manhood Day" for Father's Day....

I think I'll stick with Happy Mother's Day ^^

Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms, Grandmas, GodMoms, and Future Moms!!

I hope you were all spoiled with flowers and happiness!!

^^ lol my siblings and I were on the same page this year around. :)
We all got our Mom flowers for mothers day ^^
The house smells so much sweeter now.
:D

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

1 comment: