Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Chip of Blessings

Sometimes I think things happen for a reason.

A while ago, I mentioned that my ring finger had been hurt playing spoons, and that the finger nail...had become worse looking then it was before...because I'd cut the nail too short...and the white part of the nail just...went weird.
Before the spoons accident...I had been praying that somehow my finger would look better. After all it was my ring finger. :) i wanted it to look pretty.
Things happen for a reason, you see...even though my finger looked worse for a couple of months...after the nail had grown out of the damage the spoons thing had caused...the nail actually looked better ^^ basically normal. :D lol it was an answer to my prayer ^^ The answer didn't happen immediately, but on the Lord's time it did happen ^^


Now...another concern I've had...has been my teeth.
They've been feeling...odd. Not normal for the past few months.
Because I got a cavity or two fixed.
But it's hard to judge when your mouth is numb if the bite is correct.
And so began a saga of trying to make the mouth feel normal.
At first the filling on the left side of my mouth was too high.
We fixed that....but I had had a problem with another tooth...
Number 4. It decided to be difficult...by having some decay....
it had a hole in it, and if I had waited too long...I would have needed a root canal if the decay had gone any deeper, but luckily I was inspired (through the pain in my mouth when eating.) to go get it checked out. And it was fixed. :D No root canal needed.
However...something felt off.
Again. My bite felt basically normal.
But it seemed like Number 4...would have too much pressure put on it when I would chew on something harder.
Pressure in such a way that I felt like I was going to break my tooth. That it was loose even though the tooth was steady. :S Not fun.
I wasn't sure if it was part of having the tooth fixed though...because I got sick soon afterwards. And I figured it might be something to do with my sinuses.
Still...no relief, and finally I dropped by the dentist to make an appointment. Because the pressure was bugging me, but the tooth was beginning to feel cold sensitive again so I was worried something had happened to the filling and that another cavity was forming, or something had been missed.
In any case, I made an appointment for today.
I had been praying off and on that my teeth would be fine.
And yesterday while flossing....
I...guess I flossed to well?
I'm not sure what happened.
I'd noticed a tooth 19? I think it was. That I was having difficulty getting floss in between.
I didn't think about it much.
But last night...flossing that part of my mouth...I felt something give. Found a piece of hard white...tooth or filling I couldn't tell. And saw a small chip in that tooth....I had gotten that filled recently as well...after a piece of that tooth/filling broke away a few months ago.
I closed my mouth after examining it...and surprisingly my mouth felt a bit more relief.
It hadn't been feeling the best the past couple of days, like everything was getting worse.
But this..brought relief. Not enough to relieve the pressure number 4 was feeling...but I felt like my mouth wasn't crooked anymore. :D
And this morning...well it was afternoon.
This afternoon I went to the dentist. To tell him my problem.
And he said. "It sounds like there might be a tinsy area that's too high."
O.O Tinsy....a Tinsy area? Tiny?! No. No this must be huge! What else could cause my mouth so much grief and pain?!!?
But he took the drill to my mouth as well as that papery stuff that shows where the mouth is biting and how the teeth are aligning. And went to work. Smoothing out the filling on number four and a little on number five as well as the tooth below number four..or on the bottom of my mouth that had also had a filling done at some point and then to the other side as well as we worked out where the pressure on my teeth was. It had felt almost good...to the point where I wasn't quite sure if it was feeling 'normal' or not. So he went ahead and fixed the chip in my tooth saying that this might have contributed to the pressure and that it had broken off because of that. He fixed the tooth, smoothed it out. I closed my mouth.
Oh relief!
It feels normal!
Well...he jabbed at my gums a bit so those are sore. But the pressure on number 4 was gone! Everything feels normal again. :D
It was so exciting! Is so exciting!

Yay for blessings! I'm not sure if my mouth would have felt normal if my tooth hadn't chipped. ^^ So out of every problem...there is a ray of sunshine filled with happiness that will follow :D

Until you next see these words:
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was Harry Potter, young like 19...it was my birthday and I had just defeated the Dark Lord. I was in my house with friends in my bedroom...the area was dark...filled with hanging crystals and such, and one such crystal...balloon like thing showed the face of Dumbledore. I knew he was dead, but he was talking to me. I walked down the steps of my house in Gryffindor Hollow showing him around. And he glanced out the window. "Looks like your parents got you something." he remarked. It was my birthday and I knew I had presents in the next room over. I looked outside and saw a car in a driveway, blue in color, and two...motorcycles I think they were sitting on a trailer elsewhere. I dismissed it thinking. My parents wouldn't give me a car. But just then they walked into the room and my dad said "turn around." I turned around and my eyes fell on this tan truck. Shining and new. It was for me! I was surprised. I hadn't noticed it before. But apparently my dad had bought the thing from the neighbor a couple of days ago. So the car was mine!

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment