Sunday, April 14, 2019

A Glimpse of Happiness

You ever look at something and see so clearly in your minds eye how things 'could have been?'

It was....weird.

I mean....there I was. Hanging in my aunt and uncle's oasis.
Them sitting in chairs.
Me wandering around the yard.
And I just look over.
Content.
Happy.

And could kinda see.
How things would have been different.
If I had been born into their family.

How some things would be similar.
How some things would be different.

It was like a glimpse into an alternate reality really. 

A chance to see that I could be happy elsewhere too.

I mean....
I went to Colorado to kinda….get away.
Find my mojo.
Get out of the rather depressive atmosphere I've been in since....well November.

It was nice.
So nice.
To get away.
To be around people who were happier.
More relaxed.
Wanting to make sure I had an amazing time visiting with them.

It's a moment I'll treasure for a long time.

Because seriously, I needed to get away and just....feel normal. 
Feel happiness. Feel loved.

Not that I'm not happy and loved here in my current place and with my family.

It's just...there's a difference to the love my aunt and uncle gave me this past week.
And it's been something I've been missing.
Just the tender joys. The bouts of laughter.
The missing darkness of depression and sadness.

It was nice.
Nice to get away from things for a while.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment