Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Leaving?

It's always interesting to hear two sides of a story. 

And me, being me and a writer....I tend to like to hear both sides of a story.
Because it can shed interesting perspectives on what people think on both sides of an issue.

Though of course, it can end up causing me undue stress when I know information that one side or the other doesn't know....and I can't really tell the person who doesn't know because they aren't privy to that information....

Which has been the struggle of the past week or so.

As I've been dealing with the semi-drama of a coworker potentially leaving...but they keep changing their mind.
They ended up giving a notice, but then two days later were like "No I think I'll stay on a day." and then like a few days later on were like "well maybe i'll stay on here three days because my other job isn't working me as much as I want." But at the same time they're constantly telling me that they don't like a lot of the tasks we have to do at work and that they feel that a lot of our coworkers don't like them....

Which is semi-true. There are coworkers who struggle to be around this coworker, and there have been schedules that have had to be shifted and moved about in order to make sure that this coworker isn't working with other people at the same time because it always turns out to be drama.
And because there's been so much complaining against this coworker there's been talk of just letting them go because they have given their two weeks....

Only to find out that their two weeks notice was given verbally and never officially given in printed format...so like if the coworker chooses to stay....they can stay because there's no official documentation that they wanted to quit....

And yah.
It's a mess.

A mess that I'm mostly staying out of.
Lending a listening ear to whichever party wishes to vent.
And gathering info.

But I am curious to see how it's all going to play out.
Especially on if the coworker will stay or if in the end they'll leave....

I mean, I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time before they leave.
Probably within the year for sure if not within the next three to six months.

But still.
I do hate the uncertainty of expecting one thing to happen...only for it to suddenly not be happening or happening differently.... *exhales*

Yah. 
Knowing different perspectives on the same issue is definitely eye-opening.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment