Friday, April 19, 2019

The Smaller Western Mountains

I ended up in a place a rarely if like...never go.

The west side of the valley.

I mean.
I live surrounded by mountains.

But the ones to the west of me have always been like...these distant things. 
A far off concept of 'they exist' but like...they're just these puny things in the distance. 

And when people ask me, "How can you tell east from west"
And I'm like "the mountains closest to you are East."
It's because I've always thought the west mountains as being like...wilderness.
There's no reason to go to the west side of the valley.

But today.
I did.

Because my cousin was holding a wedding reception there.
And like...it was weird.

So weird to drive away from the eastern mountains and have them get smaller and smaller while the smaller western mountains got bigger and bigger.

Lol definitely a different perspective.

And like...it had a country feel over there.
Not like redneck country.
But like...peaceful country.
Where you feel like you wouldn't hear the sirens going all the time.
Where the hustle and bustle and fast paced every day life just kinda….fades away. 

It was nice.
Hanging out at the reception area.
Admiring the Eastern Mountains from the Western Side. 

I may have to find a reason to venture out that way again. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment