Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Frequent Farewells

Another one of my coworkers put in their two weeks notice today.

Which would be like the fourth one this month? 
Not that I'm surprised.
It's the end of the semester for the college people. So we often lose a few of our coworkers around that point in time.
Same for when school starts in the fall.
And same around Christmas as well.

So like basically every four months or so....we tend to lose between 3-8 coworkers. 

So I've grown used to it.
And some people leaving is definitely sadder than others.

Especially since like....I tend to like things to stay the same.
So having upheaval at work every few months makes it difficult to want to reach out and get to know people. Because like....what's the point? They'll be just gone in a few months anyways. 
Kinda my outlook on meeting people in general, really. No one sticks around.

In any case.
My coworker was like "I'll come and visit you!"

…..
Mhmmm
Sure you will. 

*shakes head*

It's so funny how many people have said that.
And how like...I've only seen one person actually do that. 

Like I know other old coworkers come into the store all the time.
But since I tend to work mornings...
A lot of them only come in the evenings.
So I rarely rarely see them.

This particular coworker is adamant that I'll see them though.
So we'll see. 

Still have my doubts.
But we'll see.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment