Monday, April 1, 2019

So Many Questions

It was one of those Mondays....where it was busy at work.
And I have no idea why.

Like it's April First.
Which is a 'technical' holiday of being April Fools.
But it's not like people have the day off of work for it.
There were no big events over the weekend. No holidays....
Yet it is the first...and people get paid on the first...

Still though.
I don't know why there were so many people in at work on a Monday morning.
It didn't make sense for it to be so busy.

Or for me to have to deal with....customers that were more needy than normal.

*exhales*

There was this customer that came into the store right at opening to go look through my department.
He's a regular. Not like a "comes in every Monday at the same time" regular, but he comes in often enough -sometimes with his girlfriend- that I recognize him when he walks in. 

But honestly, it's more of the ….odd energy that he puts off.
One where you feel like there's something...off. 

I've dealt with him before.
Asking odd questions.
Having odd needs.

It hasn't been anything as bad as today though.

The dude stayed in the store for nearly two hours.

And it felt like every five minutes he'd come find me and ask me questions on something he found.

Sometimes it was easy. If I carried certain fish, when I would get them in next.
Other times it was slightly more complicated. Like what sort of filter should he use. Do we have any more of a tank because the one on the shelf is open/discounted. Do we have a device that makes cleaning the tanks easier. 

and some where I'm just like....why in the world are you looking at a box so closely to notice that insignificant detail?
Like he told me that one of our tank brands has a warning label on the back that the tank was treated with certain chemicals and could potentially cause cancer. 
-It had California in it...and apparently California labels everything as a cancer warning.

But like...I've yet to have anyone come into the store saying that they got cancer from their fishtank. *shakes head* Yet he wanted to know if every tank had this warning or not.
Like. Dude I have no idea. I don't look at the tanks that closely I just sell them. 

Still though. The dude kept asking all these questions.
And like it's fine if he genuinely wanted to know the answers.

Yet I kept getting the feeling that like...he was testing me. That he was only asking to see what I knew because he already knew the answers.

It got annoying. Especially since it felt like it was a waste of my time. *exhales* 

In any case.
I was glad when he finally left the store -without like half of the products that he had me come help him find.
*shakes head*

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment