Tuesday, March 10, 2020

A Second Candidate

Our District Manager came into the store again today for a visit.
A 'brief' one.
Because they were bringing in another candidate for our new Head Manager.

Which is weird because like...I feel like our last head manager that we got in...they didn't do this. Or else the DM did it when I wasn't around. But I feel like the HM just showed up one day and was like "Hi! I'm your new HM!" 
There was none of this...bringing in candidates thing.

But perhaps a policy changed inbetween that. Or I'm seeing a part of the process I haven't before.

But this is the second candidate that the DM brought in to our store.

And like...from what I can tell they just...walk the person around. Explain aspects of the store and the differing departments...and then the DM takes them to the office and like interviews them for a while.....

I do know that there's like complex interviewing process to become an HM like they have to do multiple interviews and such. 
But it's so weird to see the potential candidates come into the store.

I've seen two so far.
And there's rumor the DM will be bringing in a third candidate at some point as well.

Sooo....it's been interesting for sure.

*exhales*
I hope they do settle on a new HM soon.
Because like...we've been like a month without one in the store...and I think we'd all be able to rest a little easier once we know which person is in charge of us...

Of course that's it's own can of worms right there. Because there will be that period of adjustment with the new HM where we have to figure out how they run the store and what their style of management is like and such. 

*shakes head*

Until then....it's the waiting game for us.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment