Friday, March 27, 2020

Unusual Worries

You know how your mind sometimes goes into 'what if' scenarios. 
Just like...wondering what would happen if something was slightly different. And like...what the outcome would be??

Well, last night...I dreamt of my Mother Dearest. 
And like waking up still thinking of her...I began to wonder what things would be like if she were still alive while this virus was sweeping the globe.

Because like...years ago. At least a decade ago I feel like.
She ended up needing a surgery that removed the lining around her lungs due to fluid/gunkbuilding up in that lining between lung and ribs.
And because of that she did have some breathing issues.
Like nothing major, but she would run out of breath faster if we were doing more arduous hikes and such. 

And with this virus causing major breathing issues in the lungs....
I would wonder how worried I'd be for her during this time frame as the number of confirmed cases in my state grows.

Would she still be going to work?
Would her job somehow switched to working from home?
Would she be taking sick/vacation time to avoid going to work?
Like...my Dad was a nurse before he retired...would he still be working as a nurse if Mother Dearest was still here? Would he be more likely to be exposed to the virus and therefore expose it to her if he had still been working?? 

Would we kids be less likely to go home just in case we've somehow contracted the virus and didn't know it? 

It's a lot to think on really.

Cus like I do have that worry that I'll end up catching the virus. I think most people do at this point. 
And with me working retail and such...it seems more likely that it will happen than not unfortunately. 

And it's not really important really...to wonder what would have happened to Mother Dearest had she still been around during this time.

It's honestly a stressor I shouldn't be creating for myself.

But in the end...I am grateful that she doesn't have to experience this virus. That she doesn't have to worry about catching it. That we kids and Daddoo don't have to worry for her health during this time.

As we have a lot of other worries on our plates already.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment