Sunday, March 22, 2020

Shake Shake Shake

I hate this feeling of constant stress.

But like...it's like whenever I finally feel that things are settling down and I can relax....something happens to tense me all up again.

Today was one of those days.

Where I was finally relaxing, having fun, able to mostly forget the troubles of the day.

I mean, I was able to meet up with my family and partake of the sacrament with them.
Which was cool and different at the same time as I don't think I've ever taken the sacrament outside of church before.

But the bishop of my Dad's word gave all the priesthood holders permission to bless the sacrament in their homes on Sunday's so that we could all still partake of it.
And like my ward here in collegetown was doing something similar too, having us gather together in small groups to partake of the sacrament in people's garages and such.

So that was...nice. Nice to be able to partake of the sacrament and be with family.

And like...I was feeling pretty prepared (still do mostly) on how life was going to unfold. As part of the reason, beyond taking the sacrament, that my family had gathered for the day was to go over our emergency preparedness plans. Like what to add into our 72 hour kits. What to do in the case of a disaster. Where we should go. Who we should check in with if we couldn't reach each other.

Yah.
So I was feeling pretty confident and relaxing that we had a plan.

And overall I still feel that way. That while I'm not as prepared as I want to be, I am prepared enough that I'm pretty sure I can handle the next few weeks at least.

And then a 4.0 quake struck.

*exhales*
Honestly, it wasn't that bad. The shaking of the walls and the rattling of the piano at my Dad's place as he and I were sitting there chillaxing was pretty much the same as how Wednesday's earthquake felt. 

Which considering I was like 50 miles away from Wednesday's Earthquake.
And only 10ish miles away from Tonight's earthquake...

And both of them felt the same....
Meant that the one I felt tonight was weaker.
And i accurately guessed it was probably around a 4.0 in size.

And like...there was no damage or anything.
The quake was over in like 10 seconds or so. 

Enough time for me to look up, look around and wonder if I should be panicking...before it stopped.
*exhales* 

It's just like...I want to be able to relax again.

But my internal paranoia is notched up a few degrees currently...has been since Wednesday really...where like any movement whatsoever has me wondering if I'm experiencing another earthquake.
Like my bed shakes slightly right now as I'm typing on it. 
And like....it's just regular motion that I've dealt with before.
But currently it's stressing me out....

Yah.
I need a vacation.
A safe place to go hermit and stop worrying about what's happening all over the place.

Though at this point I'm pretty sure it will be another month or so before things settle down...we'll see.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment