Thursday, March 5, 2020

Snails?

I did something to my 125 gallon fish tank today that I told myself that I would never ever do.

I put snails in my tank.

Like purposely. Bought some mystery snails and stuck them in my tank.

*shakes head*

I'd been reluctant to do so since the beginning...mostly because I like watching the plecos move about, but also because I didn't want to have to worry about breeding and such...plus snails don't always live that long....

But over the past couple of months...I've been considering it.
Adding snails to my tank.
Just to have a different sort of creature in my tank.
One that will hopefully help to keep the plants looking a bit cleaner and the glass also cleaner as my plecos tend to focus more on the gravel than anything else it feels like.

So yah.
I added in four mystery snails today.
A black, white, gold, and blue one. 

And it's been interesting...seing them attempt to work.
As my goldfish and bala sharks are quite intrigued by them, constantly picking at them.
So they've taken shelter underneath some plants currently.

But I'm hoping they'll be more proactive at night when it's not as easy for the fish to see them moving around.

But we'll see.
See how these guys do. :D

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment