Tuesday, March 31, 2020

More Changes

So after like...six weeks of having no Head Manager in the store.

We were finally able to hire a new one! And they officially started working at our store today. :D

Which is great. As they seem like a good fit so far and I feel like having a Head Manager again will help to relieve some of the stress, though because they are new to the company it will take some time to teach them everything they need to know about running/working in a petstore. 

In any case.
I was thinking that this would be the end of our manager troubles for a while.

Until this morning.

When my V.P. Manager pulled me aside this morning....and told me that they'd put in their two weeks. 

()_() WHAT?!?!!?

I mean....at this point I do realize that it's only a matter of time before everyone leaves me as retail does have a high turnover rate.

But out of all the managers to leave...i didn't expect it to be this one. 

:( 
And like...while I'm sad that they're leaving....
I'm kinda just...numb to it really.

It's kinda like "Oh yah of course, this happens too." sort of reaction.

Just as we get in a new manager...we lose one.
It tends to be a trend really.

But still.
It's kinda surprise that this manager decided to leave.
-Because they had an opportunity come up that they wanted to jump on.

However.

It does leave me feeling kinda nervous?

Because like...I don't like change.

And with a new head manager in the store and the VP who's been in our store for like...four years at least? Now leaving....I feel like there's gonna be a lot of new blood in the store. Which means probably a lot of changes within the store as the managers put their own fingerprints on how they want things to run. 

The main concern though.
Is that the V.P. Manager is in charge of scheduling.
And like...my schedule has been set for years now. Where I can rely on always having the same day off and generally the same time frame for my shifts.

And that...could change with the changing of the higher ups.

I know that it might not. That things will stay the same schedule wise.

But now that is another worry I have in the back of my mind. *exhales*


When all the crazy is over. I really do just need to disappear for a week on vacation and use the time to relax. Because all this stress is...stressful. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment