Wednesday, March 18, 2020

EARTHQUAKE

So you know...how like three days ago, I made a post talking about Earthquakes?

Guess what happened today.

Yep.

An Earthquake.

Just after 7am this morning a 5.7 magnitude earthquake struck the state in the next valley over from me. 

My entire family ended up feeling it.
Though they got woken up to it.
By their houses shaking. Things rattling.
Daddoo said that some small things fell off in his home. 

Thankfully none of them were close to the epicenter. Truthfully we were all kinda...circled around it? As Kikay and I are in the valley south of the earthquake, while Meralto and Daddoo are in the valley north of it. 

So we all felt it. 

For me.
I was at work.
And like...noticed that the walls seemed to be swaying. 
For a moment I wondered if I was having like a dizzy spell.

As I didn't really hear anything rattling.
and it wasn't really shaking shaking.

But then when the lights flickered and nearly went out.
I was like "Oh! This has to be an Earthquake." And moved to get out of there...but before I had gone more than like five steps the shaking had stopped. 

I immediately went to my locker where I keep my phone and grabbed it in time to see my siblings being like "DID YOU FEEL THAT?!?!?"

So like.
Yah.
It's crazy that we actually had an earthquake today in my state. *shakes head* The Largest One recorded since 1992. 

Thankfully, my family seemed to be taking it all pretty calmly.
Mostly because we all had been given a warning a few days before......

But yah. We were taking it pretty calmly.

Though I won't be surprised if the earthquake spurred more panic buying at the grocery stores.
*exhales*
I definitely noticed an uptick in people buying more dog/cat food and cat litter and such. 

But yah.
There was more damage towards the epicenter of the quake.
They even shut down the airport for most of the day to assess damages and such.
And our trains/trax stopped momentarily so that people could check and make sure the tracks were alright.

We've also had a bunch of aftershocks since that point.
With one of them being a 4.6.
But I only felt the first one.
Mostly because I was on my feet all day at work, constantly moving around helping customers.
So it's hard to tell when things are shaking or not. 

But yah.
We had an Earthquake today.

So crazy.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment