Sunday, November 6, 2011

Dedication

So there I was,
Sitting in Stake Conference.
Listening to the speakers.
When the thought came into my mind.
'If I was called up to give a brief talk today...what would I talk about?'
Needless to say....
I had trouble focusing the rest of stake conference.
As I wondered...what would I talk about?
Well...for a stake conference in a YSA ward....
the topic of Marriage and Dating comes up...pretty often.
So I was thinking....
If I had to say one thing to the YSAs out there....what would I talk about?
And I thought....about, Dedication.

How dedicated are you?
I then went on to mentally dialogue in a certain way...
that is pretty self centered and about 'my preferences' in a guy.

But I remembered.....
Like 4 years ago.
When I first moved to the ward.
I ended up talking to a guy.
And he stated...how he wished that the women...would go on missions as well. So that they could be on the same 'spiritual' level as the guys. That they would know the scriptures and such as well as the guys. Basically...he was saying that the girls were rather immature.

lol. Then he asked how old I was..... ;) I was the same age as the immature girls then. He backpedalled rather quickly then...to say that not all girls were like that lol.

Anyway. That thought came into my mind today while sitting in Stake Conference.
And I would have to disagree.
You can find girls that are very mature in the scriptures.
If you look in the right place.
Institute.
I think, if the RMs would just find the time to go to institute classes...they will find plenty of girls who are striving to increase their spiritual levels.
Thinking back on my institute classes....
more often then not, they are filled with girls.
They're like Education classes and Sign Language classes, where only 2-5 guys are in the class with twice to three times as many girls.
If a guy wants to find a dedicated girl...who is dedicated to the spirit.
Sign up for classes in the morning. Before 11 or so. You'll find them there.
Or...sign up for classes in the evening. You'll find them there as well.
Basically if a guy will sign up for an Institute class, they will find plenty of girls there.
The story is not the same for the girls side though. Its rather hit and miss for finding classes with guys in them (if you want more then 2-4 guys) , though I find around lunch time 11-2 in the more...regular Seminary Book of Mormon/Bible classes...and Dating and Courtship...you can find them...
But then, once in the Institute class....watch the guys and girls.
The dedicated ones will come.
The key would be to show up to Institute and want to be there. Be dedicated, bring scriptures, participate, volunteer.
If you want an impressive girl/boy.
You have to be impressive yourself.

Be Dedicated to School, and to Church, To friends, and to family.
Be dedicated to the values you value,
and like will cleave unto like.
Intelligence to intelligence,
Light to light.
And girls/guys will be attracted to you.
For if you have the values you want in others. And find others with their values the same as yours...

If you have the right dedication. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was racing, along a path that was by the cliff...edge of a rushing river.
And I was concerned about a little boy who was running along with me.
Because I thought he might fall into the river.
he actually did end up falling,
But I managed to jump in and rescue him.

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again.

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment