Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Inter*---*rupted

Have I mentioned before that I don't like being interrupted?
....I'm not sure I have....but this topic does sound familiar....so sorry for the similarities if you spot any.... ;) doppelgangers have been on my mind since I lost my bracelet. >.> <.<
Anywho.
I've decided that people process things differently.
...yah...this might be rather obvious.
But they do.
Especially when they're explaining things.
Its like going back to learning a language...for they literally might be speaking a different language.
Why? Well...usually the 'important' thing in language comes first....like the Object, or the Verb, or the Pronoun, or the Time...Depending on the language one might come first or the other.
Its the same concept when explaining.
What I find important for you to know first...
other people may not find important and they're trying to figure out how its important.
And also like Languages....Explanations have their own 'sentence' structure.
So if you interrupt a person in the middle of the sentence...
Well of course you won't understand what they're trying to explain!
It would be like If I started to say "The dog ate----*interrupted* ate the what? ate the what?!
Well of course you wouldn't know what it ate.
YOU DIDN'T LET ME FINISH THE SENTENCE!
I think in order to understand what is trying to be explained....
One should wait for the whole explanation to run its course.
Wait for that period.
And THEN ask the questions.
Because when I'm explaining...I am following a train of thought, I have a set plan on what I'm going to say when and where...and being interrupted....basically the train went off the tracks....and if it was crossing over a bridge....man, its not coming back.
And if you interrupt me and ask a question....it may discombobulate me....because I might have been on a totally different train of thought that almost connects to your question....and you think it does...but I don't.
So when the "I don't understand" concept comes up....
I have to come back to you with the same question. "I don't understand either."
What is there not to be understand? I may think to myself...I just BARELY started the explanation....
and that's where the whole "different language sentence structure" thing comes in. Some people are looking for the Subject, when I start with the Verb. Or maybe the Time....
I haven't gotten the whole concept out on the table, the whole sentence out before I'm interrupted.
>.>
Yah...I'm trying to figure out a nice polite way to say. "LET ME FINISH!!!!" the next time I need to explain something...its that...or finding a new place to start that explanation...I need to figure out the Subject and start with that instead of with the Verb or something.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi
The Dream

I was with my sister on a college road trip...it was more for her then for me, but the teacher invited me to come along on this adventure that started off with skiing in the mountains.
Actually we first arrived at the cabin and picked the couches/beds we wanted to sleep on. I had picked one but ended up switching with another girl for a different one.
I hadn't come that prepared, I had the wrong shoes, no coat...and the like.
And we were going up into the mountains via a ski lift to go skiing when I had never skied before...so this was going to be interesting. And the teacher as he talked seemed to make it look like this was some relay for a scholarship or something and that the other relays involved hiking and swimming, maybe jumping off of something...and somehow we ended up in my backyard and I was climbing onto the shed by the house to hop over the fence to get in the front yard (the backyard was lower then the front yard)

then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment