Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Time to Speak

Today in my Philosophy class, my teacher was debating about whether or not to get rid of a reading assignment for us to do because we fell behind in the curriculum and she's going to be missing a day of school to go to some Philosophy Conference or something.
Anyway she said something along the lines of "This just makes me sad, I don't want to get rid of a reading."
And in response to that I did a "Sadness" sign.
Since I'm an ASL major...I tend to do that sort of things. This one involved making a 5 hand shape and with the palm towards me I started placed my fingertips right below my eye and moved my hand down. Basically in a symbol of 'tears running down the face.' I did it was a sad expression as well.


lol I hadn't thought that the teacher had noticed, but she did.
Basically she said. "Okay, I'm going to do it, just because of what Sarnic did."
I don't remember what she said actually at that point...but it was because of me.
And the rest of the class was like "What did Sarnic do?!"
"Too late you missed it" said the teacher.
hah...I was thinking...I could do it again you know.
And I did eventually because enough people wanted to see what I did.
So I repeated the sign.


And somehow it got to the point where my teacher said.
"Yah, Sarnic doesn't usually say much; but when she does, it packs a punch."


lol that is true in that class. I don't say alot in it, for I'm not a philosophy major, but the class is filled with students in the philosophy field. So I often feel like....the kid in a room of adults. I really don't care about the topic, and I'm not really biased towards one view or another. I'm...open minded....like a child. lol in some cases I think this to my benefit because I can see 'clearly' where other people might just see 'mud' because of them being...immersed in the field for so long. I'm a pair of fresh eyes.
But I don't like to come off sounding stupid.... so I refrain from commenting because I don't like getting into debates about what I said or didn't say and blah blah blah that ends up in this huge circular argument.


Anyway.
It is true that I don't say much. I tend to do more 'visual, wordless things' that get my point across. Yet it proves that there are people out there watching my actions and listening to the few words I speak. :)
Even my friends have told me the same thing before.
That I don't say much, but when I do, it packs a punch.


-This seems highly contradictory because I'm very talkative in writing. lol.
But outloud...yah I tend to be quiet. Observe. Listen.
And then say something profound. ;) lol
Or funny.
Or...something that sticks in people's minds for a bit.


So beware.
When I do speak out.
;)
I pack a punch.


I'm sorry if you get hurt from it. ;) lol


Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!


-Sarnic Dirchi


-I had an awesome dream last night.....but it was such a long day of stressors and such, that I've forgotten it. :( This saddens me. Y_Y

No comments:

Post a Comment