Monday, November 14, 2011

Spiritual Music Lessons

Soo...
In one of my Institute classes....I play the piano for the opening hymn.
I'm not an...expert at the hymns, but I can play the top hand to most of them.
Lol if I had easier access to a piano at home and the time to practice, I would get better at the hymns.
I'm halfway looking forward to Thanksgiving break, for I'll be heading home for the holiday, and there is a piano at home I can play to my heart's content (when Kikay isn't getting her fill of it as well lol)
Anyway, I have two hymns that are my fallback hymns when I don't feel like trying. When I'm having an off day and I don't want to have to think about playing.
Those are: Now Let us Rejoice, and We Thank Thee Oh God For A Prophet.
But every now and then I'll try to play a different song.
And its weird, in this institute class...-The book of Isaiah- I somehow manage more often then not to pick hymns that go along with the subject of the day.
;) Its not that hard for Now Let us Rejoice because it talks about Israel and Isaiah talks about Israel...
but when I play random songs....like the one I picked today was "Let us all sing kind words to each other." I picked it because Thanksgiving is coming up and I thought it was appropriate.
But...oddly enough it went with the Isaiah chapter for today; Chapter 52 as well.
I think those moments of 'working together' is awesome where I'm influenced to play a song that works with today's lesson and perhaps somehow the song helped out a person in need today. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

Involved me driving in a narrow stairwell type of thing in a small moving truck. It was rusty and old this stairwell type of place.

The rest of the dream faded from memory :(

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment