Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thin Wrists

I have this tendency to rebel against doing the expected.
I like to do the unexpected.
and the expected thing to do today...on Thanksgiving....
Would be to say what I'm grateful for.
Which would include; family, friends, pets, being LDS, Christ, and those usual things.

Maybe one day I'll rebel against rebelling and do what is expected.
;) cus that's always fun to do as well :) lol

But that's not today.
I'll talk about something else I'm grateful for.

Thin Wrists.

My wrists are really thin.
Basically its my bones...covered in skin. :) lol
there isn't a whole lot of muscle tone to my wrists.
or fat tone either.
Its just skin and bones.
I often refer to myself as just being skin and bones for that very reason.
my hands and wrists don't have alot of 'meat' to them.
(so I'll be the last to be killed in a cannibalistic situation...moving on.)
Which means...due to my thin wrists and hands...
that I can slip my hands into thin areas a bit more then others can.
(I think I haven't compared it yet.)

Why am I grateful for this today?
Well....
I have a dog named Sadie.
She's a Papillion that we got when I was younger...elementary age.
And she's getting on in years. :(
she's...13 years old now? she's in the double digits at least.
And unfortunately Y_Y
She's starting to act really old. (going deaf, heading towards blindness, arthritis...maybe she had a couple of strokes.)
It depends on the day for her. Sometimes she acts like a young puppy, other times like she can barely move.
and unfortunately she can't control herself like she once could.
so we end up putting her in a kennel when she's inside. (its big and is like a cage.)
To lessen the likelihood we'll step in something...unpleasant in the dark.
Because its like she doesn't really realize what she's doing you know...
that part has disconnected...
but anyway.
I'm grateful for my thin wrists today.
Because when she's locked up,
I can still reach through the rectangles making up the cage.
And pet her and play with her.
(I can go up to nearly my elbows into the cage...okay like two inches below my elbows)
And I am grateful for that. :)
Because I'm not sure how much longer she'll be with us.
and I want to make sure I give her the attention she likes to have when I'm up here.
so that I don't have any regrets when she does leave us.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment