Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Serving the Lord = An Energy Boost

In my Book of Isaiah class, we talked about fasting.
It wasn't the conscious fasting, but more of the unconscious fasting.
The teacher referred back to a time when he was on the bishopric and noticed that the bishop would stay at the church for 10-12 hours on Sunday without taking a break to go eat or anything. My teacher couldn't comprehend being able to do that. Sure the guy was young, and he remembered doing that when he was younger, but now? When he was old? He didn't think he could do it...
Until the teacher was again called to be a Bishop.
He stated that serving the lord gave him such energy that it didn't really matter that the hadn't eaten all day. He was serving the Lord. And the Lord, gave him the energy he needed to keep going throughout the day. And often this boost would make it hard for him to go to sleep that night because he felt so full of energy.

So today...I had a similar experience.
I woke up not feeling the best. I actually withdrew from a thing I said that I would do that morning and let my co chairs figure it out for themselves. I did manage to get up and out of bed before my school day started.
(no matter how sick I am in the morning...I've been blessed in that I usually feel back to normal by the time I get to school.)
Anyway, my stomach was at a stage...where I didn't really want to eat anything in case I upset it.
So my first thing I ate was;
A cracker about 10am with some cheese dip on it. Yep. 1 cracker.
But I didn't really feel hungry. I thought because I was still recovering from my headache.
So my classes ended at 1pm.
Lunch time.
Yet I didn't really notice that I was hungry.
I got distracted 'serving' I was doing stuff for the institute....like taking down posters that had been hung up without institute approval and finding out if they should be approved and what to do after I had approved them as well as figure out money for prizes for a game we're doing the next couple of days in the institute as well as food for later tonight...
*takes a breath*
So I had a bag of Cheetos about...2pm? maybe because my co-chair offered me it when he found out I hadn't eaten.
heh.
I worked on the game getting all the pieces together and organizing it, writing and taking pictures and at 4pm.
I went with my other co-chair to Walmart to pick up some small prizes before returning back to the institute to set up the game.
At 6pm some of the LDSSA council arrived for our trip up to Temple Square.
Now I haven't eaten since like 2pm....but I didn't feel hungry. I walked and ran and did all this hyper stuff for the institute and I still wasn't hungry. (just like i'm still not sleepy...its 4am of Dec 1st when I'm writing this by the way. I had a ton of homework.)
We gathered together to go see the temple Christmas lights so that we could film some announcements for the institute. On the drive up...all my car was complaining of hunger...except me. I said I hadn't eaten much besides a bag of Cheetos and I could feel a slight emptiness to my stomach area...but I didn't feel hungry...mostly because I knew we weren't going to be eating until after filming....which got done at 9:40pm. Finally I got some food at like 10:20pm. 1 pizza slice 1 1/2 breadsticks.
And then I came home at like 11:15pm and started on my homework...which I finished like 20 minutes ago.
Finally I'm beginning to feel hungry. Munchy.
lol but I feel that I was blessed today.
Blessed to have the energy to carry on even though I'd eaten very little to give myself energy. I still found the energy to do all that I needed to get done. For today, I spent like 8 hours doing service to the Lord via the Institute. And I had the energy to do it.
I had the energy to serve the Lord.
And there was enough left over that I was able to get my schoolwork done as well afterwards lol :)
Blessings are found in service. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves!
Enjoy the Day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment