Sunday, February 26, 2012

New Ward Energy

So, college life, more specifically the college singles ward part of life....
Is very transient. People move in and out of the ward all the time.
At most people seem to stick around for a couple of years.
At the least for one semester of school.
Not so for me.
This is my fourth year in my singles ward.
And in my second semester of my first year of school....we got a new bishop.
Always a cause for sorrow.
Because I've decided Single Ward bishops are just Awesome.
And I really liked the first bishop of my college years...
Luckily the new bishop was already known to me, since he was a counselor under the other bishop.
And I actually liked him as well. :)

:( But last week....he got released.
The Bishop that has been my bishop for 3 and a half years.
For most of my college life.
With only two more months to go before I graduate.
And he was released last week.
I couldn't go to see him released, or to see the new bishop sustained.
(I was visiting my favorite Red Rocks. :) )

Its just weird to think I have a new bishop now.
Just as I'm about to graduate...

But the new bishop....
I spoke with him briefly before our first meeting.
And he has such a...lively energy to him.
A aura that just brightens the soul and makes you feel happier.

There is a new energy in our ward.
Brought in by our new Bishop.
It seems like he'll fit in just fine. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi 

The Dream

I was in this jail...house sort of place, where a few of me and my friends...were in jail...i think my family was there as well. We were stuck in prison cage cells next to the stairwell.One cage was on the first floor the other one on the landing of the second floor. And the people holding us didn't like us. They were treating us like we were feral werewolves or something....though we looked just like them. Finally they were like "We're going to give you *so much time* to get out. So get! Go catch the train" So I dashed off to pack this that and the other...like my favorite stuffed animal Jasper. But my Mom...wasn't really wanting to go. At least she didn't see why we needed to rush around with our heads cut off. But she was packing as well. Besides things, we needed to get our pets out...because the house was on fire and we needed to get the dogs out. But for some reason...I was trying to get the cats to stay in the house....that was on fire..with the fish. But Koko, and a greyish cat that looked like YumYum, though I knew she was dead so I didn't think it could be her. (oddly enough Koko being alive didn't seem odd to me at all) And I was like...okay you guys can go outside!
I was trying to keep them inside because they were inside cats and it was winter outside and we were going on vacation for a week or two and I didn't want the cats to freeze to death outside, hence why I rushed over to try and get them, but they jumped the gate leading into my backyard. -well Koko jumped, YumYum slithered underneath the fence through the gap. I basically said. "Fine!" and went back to the house to grab some last minute things. Like Jasper...though I was like...I thought I packed you! And then I found another Jasper! And I was like....okay I'm sure I already packed you, so I'm going to leave you two behind, so I set them carefully on my bed, grabbed up my scriptures, turned to leave....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-The whole Jail thing...I think was in response to seeing the Martyrdom of Joseph Smith for devotional on Friday and how people didn't like the Mormons because they were Mormons. No other reason...like we were werewolves or something. We were just as human, but they didn't view us as human....

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment