Friday, February 3, 2012

Teeth, Teeth, Oh a Cavity

"Does this feel normal?"

I stare up at the dentist's blue eyes and think to myself:

"Well Gee...I don't know...my mouth is all numb and blood has been rushing to my head for the past hour or two and I can't feel my tongue and my lips and cheeks are all numb.....and you want me to tell you if something feels normal?!"

Instead I obediently bite down on the strip of paper.
No. Right side is too high.
Great! now left side is too high.
ah huh ah huh no Right side is too high again.

haha the Dentist kept giving me a look of disbelief. "Are you sure the right side is too high again?"
...Uh no. It's just MY mouth. I use it every day to you know....do stuff. I don't recall YOU being able to USE my mouth for any other purpose then to 'practice' fixing teeth.

You know....
Its kind of weird. It seems like Doctors are eager to tell you that nothing is wrong with you....
While Dentists seem eager to tell you that there is something wrong with you.

I think there's just a big conspiracy thing going on here with these dentist and tooth related people.
Does Fluorite, Flossing, and Toothpaste really help keep your teeth healthy?
Or is it just a big falsehood designed to give the Dentists something to do?

I'm beginning to think that somewhere in there....somebody is lying.
How can one brush their teeth and floss everyday....
and end up with SEVEN cavities? (not me, different person)
The excuse? The teeth are really 'porus' or something, they 'hold onto sugar and....well cavities are the end of the story.'

I don't buy it.
Sometimes I think that they just go through the records and finances and say "We can give these people some cavities. They can handle the blow to their finances."
Or perhaps during their 'cleaning checks' they do stuff in specific areas of the tooth to ensure that a cavity will be created the next time a person goes in.

And why is it....that the teeth they pick to 'fix' are the teeth that 'don't' hurt? Those teeth feel perfectly normal in most cases....while others ache and stuff....

Perhaps teeth have movable senses...false pain....mirror pain....what one tooth is feeling, a different tooth will take up the pain and start to ache even though its perfectly fine.

In any case....
While I like the dentist....as a person...
the profession is something I don't like.
At least they're eager to tell you something is wrong.
I wish doctors would pay more attention to that.

But still....my dentist...needs to learn to not be so 'hard' on the needles.
My mouth is going to ache for a few days from where he 'shot' me.
:( Not fun.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.

Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment