Tuesday, August 28, 2018

A Pricing Error

Sometimes I feel like I try to be helpful....and end up causing a bit more trouble. *shakes head*

So Yesterday, I was halfway bored, having finished my tasks.
And so took it upon myself -since I had the scan gun anyways having just counted the fish- to go check our inventory for our frozen mice supply. 
As I'd noticed that things seemed....off. And had noted that there were spots that had been empty for a while.

Well.
Turns out they were empty because inventory thought we still had a ton of inventory....when we had none. O.o

Not sure if my coworkers were using the mice there and not properly writing them off....or people have been stealing the frozen mice from us.

In any case. I brought it up to the managers for them to fix....
And mentioned that I didn't know if it was shipping error, theft, or coworker error....
Which seemed to semi complicate things.

Oops.

And then today.
I was walking along our display fish tank/stand combos and noticed that there was a price discrepancy. 

Where we had a tag stating that the tank was one price on sale. 
And then there was a sign above it stating that the tank was on sale...for a different price that was $50 less than the other sign said. 

Since I knew the manager had a scan gun in his hand, I called him over.
As we just had a sale start yesterday, so perhaps there had been a mistake in one of the printings.

My manager scanned the tank.....
And it showed up not on sale. O.o 
Confused we scanned another tank on sale....it also showed up not on sale.

But the scan gun has a new pricing system on it....so we thought. Maybe it was the device in error. So we grabbed a scanner from one of the registers to price check the tank. 

The tank that I had noticed the price discrepancy in was a 75 gallon for like $499 and was supposed to be on sale for like $299 via small tag and via larger sign was supposed to be $249 but the gun showed....wasn't on sale, and the scanner showed....wasn't on sale. 

Another tank was our 60 gallon which is usually like $399? And was on sale for $249 but the scan gun showed it not on sale, however the registers showed that one was on sale...for $219. $30 less. 

Lol....well that spurred quite the headache really. As the manager roped in another manager to help him figure it out.
Scanning all the tank/stand combos to find that the were almost all incorrect and almost all of them where showing 3-4 different prices between gun, scanner, small tag and large tag. *shakes head*

The manager ended up sending a text to the district group chat (which I had no idea that was a thing and it was cool) to see if it was just us having the issue or if other people were having it too.

Basically everyone was having the same issue....but not the same issue. Like there were price differences but on different products and the pricing would change between stores and *shakes head* seems like such a nightmare....

That was all spurred because I happened to notice a $50 difference between two signs for the same one item. ^^;; oops. 

lol Hopefully they get it all resolved though. :S 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment