Thursday, August 9, 2018

There Should Be...More

It started last night when I was in the mood to watch something...but wasn't sure what to watch.
I tried to start Pride and Prejudice and Zombies...but found I wasn't in the mood for violence.

So I thought.

But then, while scrolling through Netflix I saw this show.

And like the premise was interesting. It was about demonic Swords. A Person trying to control one. Saving the World. Etc.

Seemed like fun.

So I started watching it. 

()_()
Man...
So violent.
For me not wanting to watch a violent show...I picked a nice bloody one.
*shakes head* 

Of course...I don't know what I was expecting.
I mean.
Swords are weapons.
And they're Demonic weapons.
Which usually means....well dark themes. 

So I shouldn't have been surprised at how much blood and death was in this show.

But like....I kept hoping it would get better.
That people would survive, that there might be a 'good' sword found. That darkness could be overcome in the end.

And like....
Idk.
It just didn't end how I wanted it to end.
It was unsatisfying.
So many plot lines left dangling, or abruptly cut off.
The MC never seemed to...be proactive in the story.

Mostly....I think it was a show focused on how many ways they could kill people and have people 'fall' and be possessed by the swords.

And....I was disappointed.
I wanted a good story.
I wanted a better redemption.
I wanted....more. 

*shakes head* 
Writer me is unsatisfied. 
The story had so much potential....and it pains me that it fell so flat. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment