Thursday, August 2, 2018

Were You Really There?

Ghost customers are weird.
Because they have this freaky tendency to just....vanish.

Like today at work.
I was over at the fish wall, doing tasks.
When my manager tells me over the radio that there's a customer over by the birds and he's possibly looking to buy some.

So like, I pause to grab the paperwork and such so I wouldn't have to go back and grab it and headed over to the birds.
And it had been like maybe a minute at most? 

Like I could see a few customers over at the registers.

But when I got to birds....

There was no one there.
No one at the birds, no one at the cages, no one at the food.

For my manager thinking that a guy was planning to buy birds....
It's rather weird that the customer was just...gone. 

It's not the first time it's happened either. *shakes head*

I'll get called over to different areas of my dept -though mostly it's birds.
And head over there only to find that there's no one there waiting for me.

A lot of the time it's because the customer has wandered away ---which how do you expect us to be able to help you if you wander away from where we were sent to help you at?? It's not like we automatically know just by looking at you that you're the one who wanted fish or crickets or birds.

*shakes head*

But other times...again mostly with birds....
The customer is just gone.
Vanished without a trace. 

And I just have to turn to my manager or coworker and be like "....so did you send me over to help a ghost? Because there's no one here." 

Like how do they vanish so quickly? It was literally only like a minute.....at most.... *shakes heads* 

So. Weird. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment