Monday, August 27, 2018

Backpacks

People are weird.

So this morning, we had this dude walk into the store, wearing a large backpack.
The manager had been on the register at that point, and noticed him....and thought he was acting rather odd.
So he sent one of my coworkers to go check in on him. You know see if he needed any help.

Good customer service and all that. lol.

But also because he was acting suspicious, and had a large backpack, the manager wanted to make sure the dude wasn't planning to try and steal anything, hence sending someone over to check in. 

And the funny thing, was once my coworker went up to the customer to ask if he needed any help....he basically said "No," and left.
Like turned around and booked it out of there.

Nope.
Not suspicious at all. *shakes head* 

And I wouldn't really have thought much of it.
Because school just started up.
So I kinda expect people to be wandering around with backpacks on. It's a college town after all. 

But then towards the end of my shift.
These three guys all walked into the store.
Wearing backpacks. 

Which, again, I wouldn't have really thought much on it.
Except we had that one incident with the guy earlier in the day. And he'd left pretty quickly.

So, since I was standing right there by the entrance, I greeted them and asked if there was anything I could help them with.
And one guy was like "Oh, no...uhmm do you have a bathroom?" 
Which, common question, nothing I really would have thought on....except after telling them where the bathroom was....
All Three Guys went to the bathroom.
Together.

O.o
Like, I know that girls will often travel together to the bathroom.
But guys?
It's not a common thing.
And it struck me as weird.
All three heading to the back.
All three wearing backpacks. 

….Were we about to have another attempt at stealing from us?

I gave them the benefit of the doubt.
I went back to the task I was doing and finished it.
And then went walking around the store.
After all....they're guys. It shouldn't take them too long to use the bathroom and then come out.

Except they weren't in the aisles.
I walked the entire store. 
Double checked with the cashier to see if she'd seen them leave...which she hadn't.

Soo....I found one of the managers, and was like...."Hey could you check in the bathroom for me? I directed 3 guys with backpacks back here...and they all went together...I thought it was weird." 

It got slightly weirder.
The manager walked into the bathroom, and reported that when he walked in....the three guys were just standing there. Not doing anything. Just kinda chatting.
And as soon as he walked in....
They walked out.
I was still nearby, by the dog food and such, so I asked them if they needed anything.
To which they were like "Nope."
And they left the store. 
Didn't even look at anything.

*shakes heads*
So weird.

Like...the manager wonders if they were hiding from someone. 
Like they'd done something in a different location and had come into our store to hide out for a bit. Or maybe were planning to do something in the bathroom? 
*shakes head*

No idea.
No idea at all.
It was just weird overall. 

People are weird.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment