Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Why Us?

*exhales*

If there's one thing I don't like about work...

It's when I don't have things to do.

I like staying busy.
And when I finish doing tasks too early in the day.
And there's no customers...

Then I'm left basically twiddling my thumbs.
And that's exhausting really. 

So I was less than pleased today when my manager announced that he wanted us to be completely done with tasking at 11. 

Why? Because work got a complaint last night. 
That people were more focused on tasking then helping customers and a customer didn't like that they had to hunt down someone to help them...and apparently when they found help, my coworker was less than happy to help them out. 

So the consequence?

No tasking for us this morning after 11. 
*face palm*
Like seriously? 
Why?
If the complaint happened at NIGHT.
Why would you then make the MORNING people stress out?
It seems obvious that you'd want to focus on the evening people and make sure that they're being helpful to the customers. 

Especially when today was a Tuesday.
Work is basically dead on Tuesdays. 
Which is why we have one of the longest bedding changes then. It takes 3 hours on a good day to do. Bad days? It can take an entire shift. 

And with the new order we have to open in, there's no time limit on when I need to be done by as we're supposed to both open and help customers at the same time. 

So to expect us to be done that early?
Ha.

It only really happens when both me and my fellow opener come in at the same time.

If we're not in at the same time?
Nope. Opening takes a lot longer.

But it's just undue stress on us to try and get everything done that quickly.
it just doesn't happen. 

And it didn't happen today.

11 o'clock hit. 
And we weren't done.

There were still a handful of tasks we hadn't finished yet.

But the store was dead.

Like at 11 there were literally two people in the store.

No need to have us all stop doing things if there's no one to help.

So we ended up still tasking anyways. 

*exhales*
Still.
It was annoying.
Focus on the evening people if there's a problem in the evening.
Not the morning people. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment