Friday, August 10, 2018

It Burns

There's a fire burning in the southern end of our valley.
One that's been burning for the past week. Started by a lightning strike last Saturday.

But it wasn't noticeable until Yesterday.
Because a thick haze of smoke from said fire -which is at 18k acres now and zero percent contained- had blown into the valley, making it difficult to see the mountains. 
Making it difficult to breathe.
And hard to tolerate when you go outside and it smells strongly of campfire....which can cause me headaches if I'm around it too long. *exhales*

So I spent most of today indoors.
Avoiding the outside air. 

But that didn't stop me from noticing the outside.

The smoke's only gotten thicker. 
And it's caused some rather interesting effects on the coloration of things.

Everything has this hazy orange tint to it.
Like when the sun hits the earth...it's orange. It felt like it was sunset...even though the sun was hours upon hours away from setting. 

It just...left the valley feeling a bit...apocalyptic.

Especially because the sun turned blood red as it set. A burning red ball in the sky. 
Nearly I felt like I was in a star wars movie with a red sun. *shakes head*

*fingers crossed* that there will be some progress made.
That the winds will change. That a storm will come. That the fire will finally be contained.
Because I don't know how well the valley will be able to handle the smogginess. 
It's not good.
Not at all.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment