Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Those Reds and Blues

It had been a rough night for me.
The slight headache I went to bed with morphed into a major migraine around 4am....pounding painfully enough in my head to wake me up with it's agonizingness. 
So at 4am I took like a half hour shower to try and relax my muscles.
Grabbed some meds.
Warmed up heat packs.
And went back to bed for like another hour before my alarm went off for work. 

Which is when I had the familiar: "Should I call out" sort of discussion with myself on whether or not I should go into work.

And I was like "I've gone to work with worst headaches, let's go to work." 

Mmmm
my mind wasn't feeling it though. 
Getting in the car I was like "this is probably a mistake."

But by that point I was like "Get to work get to work get to work" as my main focus.

I knew something was wrong, because I pulled away from the house much faster than normal it felt like.
I felt like I was going faster.
Even though I was going my normal speeds to get to work.

And then I got on the freeway.
Still with the main focus of "get to work get to work get to work" on my mind as I fought to keep the migraine pounding behind my eyes at bay so I could focus.

And I sped up.
Moving from the right lane. Into the next lane. And then into the third lane.
Going up to my usual traveling speed. 

Which yes was above the speed limit.

But I hadn't done anything out of the ordinary...
So I thought.

And then I saw the reds and blues flashing behind me. 

It happened just as I was merging into my third lane to go around the car.

-I never even saw the cop.
Dunno where he came from really.

Which proves my mind was not in a state to be driving because gah...I'm usually quite capable of picking out the coppers on the road. 

Like did I zoom around him?
Did I pass him?
Did he just come up behind me?
I have no idea.

Seeing the reds and blues in my review mirror. 
I did have the thought.
This can't be happening.
Cross my mind.

Part of me hoped he was just wanting to go around me and go dash off to some emergency.
But considering his lights flashed and he came up behind me, and then followed me over as I pulled over.
Yah.

Busted. 
Y_Y oops. 

So I pulled over to the side of the road. 
Went into park because who knew how long I'd be sitting there.
Watched the cop get out of the car.
And leaned over to unroll my passenger side window.
-My car is old enough that you have to hand crank the window to open it. No push to roll down the windows here. 

(So I was really hoping he wasn't thinking I was reaching for a weapon lol. Like nope. Just rolling down the window. -I did it before he reached the window. 

He was like "Hey, I pulled you over because you were speeding, do you know how fast you were going?" 
I glance at the dashboard then back to him.
"How fast was I going?" I asked him back. Because honestly. I figured I was going ten over the speedlimit as that's what I usually do. 

He'd clocked me at going 12 over. 

-Though to be fair ish I had been speeding up to pass a slower moving car (that was probably going the speed limit to be honest) 

And I was like "Ah."
He was like "Can I see your license?" 
I pulled out my phone case (as my wallet is part of that) and with slightly shaking hands pulled out my drivers license and handed it to him.

-My shaking hands were from sleep deprivation/migraine. Not really from nerves methinks. 

He was like "Is this your car?" 
Yep.
"Is this your correct address on your license?" 
It was my parents address. 

Lol. Because. College town. I've moved around a lot since I moved down here. So figured it best to keep the parents address as my permanent one until I 'settle down.' 

-He's probably heard that before really. 

In any case.
He took my license. Went back to his car to run my plates and make sure everything checked out.

And I took the moment to just sit back in my car.
Let the AC blow on my face. 
Gather my wits about me. Focus.
Get my mind more in the mindset of 'driving' instead of 'working' 

And yah.
After a couple of minutes the officer came back to my car.
Said everything checked out.
And that he was letting me off with a warning.

Which yay! lol. 

Because this was my first time being pulled over. 
So I was rather glad to not get a ticket.
That would have made the whole 'suffering from a migraine' start of the day that much worse if I had to go pay a fine.

And he was like "Just want to make sure you're safe. You have a good day, I'll turn off my brights so you can see around me and merge back on the road." 

I thanked him. Told him to have a good day.

And at a good moment, zoomed back onto the highway to get to work.

Lol yah, I was careful to stay closer to the speedlimit the rest of the day.

No reason to push my luck really. :S 

Really though.
It's probably a blessing in disguise.

Because like I remember like praying like "help me get to work safely, help me be able to survive work" 

And it felt like seconds later the cop pulled me over.

So I probably avoided something worse.
Like getting into an accident or something if the officer hadn't decided to pull me over. 
Because my frame of mind....definitely wasn't in the best of spots. 
Too hyper focused, but not focused enough. 

All in all.
It was a rather interesting way to start my morning lol. 

-As an added note. I only made it through 5 hours of my shift before the managers caught onto the fact I was suffering from a migraine and basically told me to go home, sleep, watch a movie and relax lol. 
Which I did. ^^;; 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment