Sunday, August 26, 2018

Advancement

Medical advancement is such an interesting thing. 
Because like surgeries have become far more efficient. Far less ...idk destructive? Painful? Messy? 
And more concise. 

And it's weird...
I mentioned to my manager the other day that my dad had had major surgery.
And he was like "Oh! I worked in a residents home where a guy had that surgery and he showed me pictures of his foot all the way up to his head with how they were contorting the leg!" 

O.O *gulps* 
Umm.....

So like, I had that image in my head as I ventured up to see my Daddoo to spend the day with him and you know...watch him to make sure he didn't get into trouble....
And was halfway thinking he would be like...sprawled out on a bed immobile and in pain and unable to walk.

-Despite being reassured before I spoke to my manager that the surgery was an in and out thing.
it took just barely over an hour.
And my dad would be home that same day...

Like it's hard to believe.
It's the sort of thing where you're like "No...no it takes forever to recover! You won't be able to walk! etc etc."

Yah. Science Advancement is an amazing thing.
Because my Daddoo could walk.
He was mobile -though told to take it easy....he was expected to walk around every now and then.

So it was hard to adjust to the concept of "he can move around." lol because like I hear "major surgery" and expect a person to be laid up in bed for a couple of weeks. 

*shakes head*

Overall though, I'm relieved it all went well, that recovery seems to be going well, and that my Daddoo is in less pain now than he was before the surgery. ^^;;

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment