Friday, August 31, 2018

Lenses

It was back in Jr. High, in a math class that I realized....I couldn't see the board. 
I had been assigned to sit in the back, but I couldn't see the numbers.
So I asked the teacher if I could move up front.
Which he allowed me to do.

I don't know how soon after that I went to see the eye doctor.
I think I mentioned it to my mom...who set up an appointment for me and I believe my siblings as well.

The diagnosis?
Yah. I needed glasses. 

It was the weirdest thing when I put on glasses for the first time and like....looked about.
Like the trees. I could see the individual leaves.
It wasn't just one big blob of green.

It freaked me out really.
I didn't like being able to see those individual leaves.

So I didn't wear my glasses unless I needed to see farther away.
And gradually moved into wearing them all the time. 

But then like my Jr year of High School....possibly into my Senior year....

I decided I didn't want to wear glasses any more.

Kikay had moved to contacts a year or so earlier I believe.
And I wanted to switch to them as well.
Especially when I discovered that they had 'soft' contacts now.
Not the hard lenses I'd seen Mother Dearest using most of my life.

The reason why I wanted to switch to contacts?
So if I got asked to another dance....I wouldn't be wearing glasses in the pictures.

Lol.
it was a bit of a struggle to get those contacts in.
But I basically put them in and never looked back.
Barely ever using my glasses after that point.

Really I only used them like maybe two or three times it feels like after I graduated High School. Mostly when I ended up with irritated eyes and I couldn't wear contacts for a few days to a week. 

But yah.
Barely wore them.
Really, they ended up in the back of the bathroom drawer most years lol. 

But at my most recent eye appointment.
The Doctor mentioned upgrading my glasses.
And we discovered that my insurance would cover me getting both Contacts AND glasses.
So I figured....why not?

It'd been like ten years since the last time I'd 'upgraded' my glasses.
And with me getting headaches and such...I was thinking it might be handy to have an updated pair of glasses that I could wear when my eyes were freaking out from said migraines. 

So after playing around with frames and such, deciding on colors and shape...and then ordering them in....

I finally picked up my new glasses today.

So weird to wear those around lol. 
I'd forgotten how much of a 'fish bowl' effect can happen as the eyes adjust to the difference between glasses and contacts.

But yay. :D I have a brand new set of glasses to wear around if I feel the need. ^^;; Yay! :D 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment