Monday, March 21, 2011

The Committee

They are there. In your head
Waiting for you.
To Succeed.
Or
To Fail.

The Committee

Today in Class F my teacher was talking about this committee.

It can be made up of different aspects of yourself
Not really different personalities.
But the masks of different people you are throughout the day and different situations
This committee can also be made up of
People you want to impress or be like.
Then there are the people who are role models in your life.
Or people who sound like people you know.
Teachers, parents, friends, coaches, doctors, anyone really.
And they can either be encouraging or discouraging.
Putting you up and down as you go about your daily tasks.
They are the voices that say "You are so ready for this test!!"
Or else they can be the voices that say "You totally should have studied more."

Anyway.
My teacher was commenting on what he noticed when we would "Pause" in our task.
and He said that we would say "We were waiting for more information"
When in actuality.
We were consulting with our committee
To get confirmation that we 'missed' something before we could move forward.

This happens when you're doing great and you know whats happening....and then you miss something...and you get stuck, trying to understand that one point that you missed, that you end up missing a bunch of other things as well.

Basically you're waiting for the committee to look at each other and say "Did you get that?" "No, Did you?" "No." "Okay then, we all didn't get it, lets move onward."

And so you move onward.

Then if you actually get something right. The committee will celebrate. "Woot! We got that!" "Yes we did!" "Hey look we got another one!" "Yes! Yes! Yes!" "WE can do it we can do it!"
...until you mess up. (overconfidence again.)

and all of a sudden that committee in your head is conversing "Yah, I knew they'd mess that up." "Totally, they never can do it right." "See, I knew the whole time you couldnt' do it." "That was bad! So bad! You screwed it up!"

Now...you don't have to listen to the committee.
Especially if they're being so dark and gloomy.
You can 'vote' out those committee members who's 'dark' voices are loudest
and replace them with a "positive, bright" member who will give you the right amount of confidence.

You're in control of the committee.
And they can help you in your time of need.
When you know you know you know something.
You can go send one of those committee members to go 'find' that thing you know. Or consult with them because chances are...one of those people in your head know what you're talking about and will have the answer to your question.

Or you can shush them up when they're being really unhelpful and just focus on your work.
Basically its just one of those things in your life...
where the Committee will shift and change, and will be helpful or detrimental to you.
Its just a matter of deciding if you will let this committee feed you mostly negative information, mostly positive information, or both on a pretty equal basis...Or not.
You're in control of your own choices.
Not the Committee in your head.
Or the people outside of your head influencing you.
All they can give you is advice.
You can are the one in control.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

They're after me.
I'm on the run.
They want to capture me, even kill me.
And they do so by throwing these darts with red glowing gems making up the handles.
These darts come in different colors.
but most of them are red.
Because red will knock you out/ numb you if you get hit by enough of them.
I'm running through my home neighborhood ducking and diving in and out of the backyards of all the houses around me.
At one point I'm coming out of a museum and they hit me. But I dont' let them get me. I keep running. I don't let the drug take effect. Though it does make it hard to walk when one of my legs is numb.
luckily as I hunker down to hide a friend finds me and take me to a place of safety.
Unfortunately...in my neighbors backyard...I'm cornered...and that friend dies by getting hit by hundreds of darts at the same time.
I pick up a few red ones and yelled "You promised they wouldn't get hurt!" or something like that.
And the girl now hunting me responded "I'm not them." because her darts were blue or green, while the ones hunting me before were Red.
So I pick up a handful of red darts and run.

*fastforward...time has passed*
I"m hunting in darkness for the exclusive yellow fireflies.
I called them fireflies even though they weren't bugs. they were glowing bits of yellow that float through the sky, and you have to hunt to find them.
I'm hunting them in order to get them to make darts.

I've caught a couple of dim yellows already, but the others are after me again, so I have to forsake going after a "sunburst"
-A yellow stone that shines as brightly as the sun -they're rare and valuable and would make me rich.
But I have to escape.
So I leave
And go drop of the stones I've already gathered by throwing them over the fence line to 'my' house from my side which was my neighbor's house.
And as I ran by I saw a sign that said "Gattaca and ______" (idr the other name...but it was mine.)
I had apparently partnered up with someone. I would gather the stones, my partner would make the darts.


and I became myself again.

And that
is why the fox never came home. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment