Thursday, March 17, 2011

First Born

At this moment I'm watching a show.
An Egyptian show.
(I've always been intrigued/interested/fascinated with the mummies in Egypt. Other mummies from elsewhere are cool too...but there is just something about the Egyptian mummies...)
About trying to find King Tut's family.
At the moment, they're trying to find out who King Tut's mother is.
And in the midst of their digging....
they discover a mass burial ground.
With bodies in them...
mostly all of them in their teenage years.


When I heard this...
I automatically thought "First borns."
I'm not even sure if the time period is correct...okay so I'm pretty sure its not.
But my mind went back to that story of Moses from the Bible...
about all the plagues he sent to the Pharaoh of Egypt.
And the last of them....being the death of all the first born children....who didn't sleep within houses who had blessed ...was it sheep's blood? I think it was... Smeared on the doorways.


I've always had a....dislike of this bible story.
The reason being....I'm a firstborn.
The eldest
the Oldest.
and...if my parents weren't on the right side....
I would be dead too.


I always hated that.
Thinking that I would have died back in the day when the plagues came if my parents followed the Pharaoh instead of Moses.


And I've often tried to figure out ways where I could have avoided the 'firstborn curse'
The first would have been to make sure Pharaoh wasn't such a mule-headed fool and have him just let Mose's people go. Why should many suffer for his stubbornness?
Or maybe I would have had friends who followed Moses and happening to sleep under their household the night that plague came.
Or putting the blessed blood on the door myself so I would live.


I don't know if It would have worked.
But I am hopeful it would have....


Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!


-Sarnic Dirchi


The Dream

I was listening/watching a news broadcast. How in a local catholic style church, the LDS people were trying to hold a..Young Womens conference in that church...but a mob of people (anti-LDS) were standing outside shouting and making a nuisance of themselves. It made it hard to hear the conference because there was no glass in the windows so you could hear everything the crowd outside was yelling. It also showed a variety of ways the blonde lady speaking was trying to use to make herself and her message heard to the faithful youth inside.
I could only shake my head at the insensitivity that crowd had to my faith. Did we ever ruin their services? Stand out side yelling and being mean? No. I couldn't understand why they were attacking us in such a manner when we hadn't bugged them at all.

There was a girl on the run...she was a danger to everyone. We were sent after her to stop her. An elect team of four.
The four of us lived in a...."invisible zone" Where on the outside...it looked just like a normal street. But if you knew the entrance to the door. You could open a door out of nothing and go into a house that wasn't there before. (Kinda like the thing for harry potter) We had to hide out and return here to make sure that we weren't killed ourselves.
At one point the girl ended up on our street....she knew we were there, but couldn't find us.
We believed that she wanted to be good and we wanted to give her a second chance.
So we allowed a door to open out of the cold winter neighborhood scene and she saw a couple of our neighbor friends (kids) leaving to go off to school.
We left the door open so that she could come in and see what our 'way of life' was.


I don't remember if she did or not.
But at one point she asked a question dealing with how we hid the houses here
and we answered "The same thing is around where you live."


I was in my kitchen at home.
Our cook (she looked like the cook from the movie Matilda) wanted to make our special cookies because my sister always made them and she wanted to try to make them herself.
I was in the kitchen with her (it was kinda messy)
The cook had been making some kind of berry smoothie as she prepared to make the cookies.
It was a redpurpliy color and it was nearby the sink. She kept it churning...almost like having the water on a stove boil...probably to keep it all mixed up and good.
The cook getting all the ingredients (they were suddenly by her) Started heedlessly pouring in this and that. Guesstimating what two cups would be or a half cup etc.
Basically..she was pouring in too much of everything.
But thinking that she knew what she was doing.
I let her do it.
Though i did remind her that she forgot the shortening.
And at one point with this big mess...she was like "where are the spices!"

i started looking for them but couldn't find them, my sister came into the picture and helped me
talking about how somebody else (she said a name i don't remember) put them away where the cups were instead of over the stove like normal. But when I looked in the cup cupboard...there were no spices there.
As I turned around...I noticed that the cook had poured in spices. And I asked her how much she put in.
And she proudly answered 2 tsps of Salt. (about 1 1/2 tsps too much)
That was when I knew she had no idea what she was doing...
plus the smoothie had somehow gotten into the cookies.....


My sister had made ricekrispi treats....and I was about to eat one....


When the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again.

And that
Is why the fox never came home. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment