Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Island Dream

I had one of those moments where I was being stubborn today.
I woke up not feeling top notch. It wasn't blue, or green...more of a red feelings.
But I thought that I could make it through church today with the help of Advil and distractions.
But in the middle of the second hour block of church.
I really wasn't feeling too hot.
The pain...similar to the headaches I get in the middle of the night that keep me up for a while because they are so painful. Painful enough that I start debating with myself which classes I could skip tomorrow, probably all of them because the pain is bad enough.
Well...a similar pain to that...was hitting me. Where I'd be fine for five minutes but then would spend fifteen minutes in pain before getting five minutes of relief.
I started then in Sunday School. Debating with myself if I could make it all three hours, or just skip out now and go home where I could lie down.
I got up at one point to get some water and to take more Advil.
but oh man. Time really really slowed up after the first hour block was over.
It seemed like i was in Sunday school for two hours instead of just one.
I half wondered if my watch was running really slow.
But no...it was going the same pace as all the other clocks.....really slow.
I forced myself to endure Sunday school however.
Mostly by trying to focus on the dream I had last night (following this part of my post) because I think it will make an excellent plotline for a book in the future. :)
Or just riding the waves of pain.
I basically started telling myself. "I just need to survive until I can take the sacrament. That's all, once I take the sacrament I will go home and lie down."
lol...though when the pain started fading I would switch to "Oh yah, I can make it to the end of the third hour no problem. :) I can do this I can do this I can't...do this..." When the pain started returning.
So I was stubborn enough to endure the pain until after the sacrament. But I looked at the clock and saw that we nearly had an hour left to go....and I was like "The last hour took forever and a day." So as soon as the sacrament part of the meeting was over...I was out of the chapel like a rock from the slingshot. And headed home.
So I can be stubborn...up to a point. :)
I was just really glad that I was able to endure for most of church. :)

Do you ever end up doing a compromise system with yourself??
Where you tell yourself "Okay I will do this until this point, then I can reward myself, or do something else, etc."
Its funny.
For me I compromise with myself all day. When I finish this, then i can do this fun thing for this amount of time before I go do another not fun thing. 
The length, time, how much I need to do. Will vary however depending on other variables I encounter. 
Sometimes I'm able to keep to my compromise. 
Most of the time I compromise myself into a different direction. 
Headaches I usually tell myself "Oh I can skip such and such classes" even though i have no intention to do so because I know the headache will fade by the time I actually have to go to school. :) lol. 

Still I wonder...If I wasn't stubborn at the right moment. Or more stubborn at others....what would have I finished by the end of the day that I wouldn't have otherwise?
Methinks I would get a lot more homework done myself lol :) 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi 

The Dream

We were on a ship.
But we weren't really there willingly.
It was like a luxury cruise slave ship.
But the captain had gathered all of us slaves together on the deck.
And said that we would be passing by an island.
Where we could 'jump off' ship and swim there.
And he wouldn't stop us.
The catch was....it was a jungily/mossy/very green island...filled with mist....and if you
went on the island...you weren't likely going to get back off.
Because it was rumored to be haunted.
But the choice was ours to make, stay on the ship and go to a destination we wouldn't like.
Or jump ship and try to get off the island.
Another slight catch to getting onto this island is that you could only get on it as the
ship was passing by in a North-NorthEast direction. It was only from that side you could access the island.
Any other side...and well... you wouldn't get onto the island.
So me, my family, and a few others made the choice to jump ship.
We climbed down a little ways off the big cruise liner
And the just jumped as we passed by  the misty green island on the North-Northeast side.
(The captain had yelled at us to hurry because our time was passing by quickly.)
So we jumped.
And made it to the island.
It was very...jungily. Dense and full of plants. And misty. It was hard to see.
But the water where we landed...wasn't that deep.
The vegetation was growing right into the water.
So it was hard to see the ground right away.
But we all made it onto this...logging path. It was about the width of a car and was a dirt road.
And we huddled there for a moment on this dirt road, in the misty forest. Looking about.
And I spotted what looked to be a black umbrella caught in a tree. (It was right side up, you couldn't see the handle)
But we were all amazed to see this umbrella...because it was actually a really rare bird that we hadn't seen in a looonnng time. And the sight of this bird gave us comfort. Because it survived in this creepy place. So. We could too.
So we started walking.
And eventually came into this clearing....multiple clearings.
Where there was a village full of people.
We ended up at like a....bus stop place. Where there were lots of maps and packets and such.
We were there to fill out information.
Probably in a process like the one immigrants have to go through to get to America.
It was a thick stack of pinkish/orange papers about...an inch thick.
And we had gathered a bunch of them.
But my family didn't end up filling them out because we...didn't like the place.
But we couldn't go back to the logging road we'd come to the village on.
Because the map showed that that part of the island belonged to this particular tribe.
"One Harvesters" or something like that.
The map showed the island and spots that were taken by different groups. And areas that hadn't been explored...mostly because they were really dangerous and such.
So we ended up staying in the clearing...
In what was like a haunted type house.

And then things started going weird.
The next day I got up.
And went outside.
Only to be attacked...by flying balls of mud...the largest being about the size of a marble.
And wherever the mudballs started touching my shirt.
That area of my skin started burning.
So I had to quickly take off my shirt or risk being burned.
It was strange...the mud didn't really attack you if you weren't wearing a shirt. But it did if you were.

The dream switched at this point to more of a third person point of view.
I had three main characters.
There was a little girl between 2-6 years old. she had blonde hair in pigtails. And really had a knack for picking up the strange customs of the city.
Then there was an older girl 10-16 years old. With black hair. She looked alot like Selena Gomez from Wizards of Waverly Place.
And there was the oldest boy. 12-18 years old. He reminded me alot of Sokka from Avatar the Last Airbender in personality.
The three of them were all siblings.
-Ages kept changing depending on my brain. At first they were all pretty  young, but they got older the longer I dreamt...except the girl stayed about the same age the whole time.

Anyway....The youngest girl was quick to pick up the customs like I said before. Selena and Sokka (ill just call them that for now.) Weren't so quick to pick up on it. Mostly because they didn't want to.

But at one point....Selena was in area nearby the village.
-The village looked like a rainforest village. Grass/bamboo/wood huts for buildings. Similar to a rendezvous setting with a main street and shops and houses along that thoroughfare.
She was washing her black hair...it went below her shoulderblades in length...in a pond surrounded by willow type trees.
And she looked up and across the bridge was a white horse.
As she was watching it the horse...twisted and turned into a giant dancing turkey. (It looked alot like one of those turkey/chickens from the movie -Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs) Before it 'squished' and a copy of Selena was standing there.

My perspective shifted slightly to look at the real selena and i saw her 'change' into the white horse.
Though she didn't realize it right away.
She thought of herself still human, even though I knew she had changed into a horse.
She was sneaking along the bridge following the girl that looked exactly like her.
-lol it was funny to see her try and hide, because she thought she was covered....but she wasn't because she was now a white horse.
But eventually she figured out that she became the horse...I just didn't see it.

We skip to a brief ceremony where my parents.
Looking like young kids.
(Everyone went through a 'we're young!' stage. It was like everyone on the island was growing younger. -Like that one book....I don't remember the name where a girl dies and goes to 'heaven' and in 'heaven' you grow younger from the age you died at until you're a baby again and sent down to earth to have another life.
The same concept happened her. )
-My brain was arguing with myself on if that would happen. Some people would grow younger, while others wouldn't-
But my parents decided that they wanted to get married again.
So we had a ring ceremony outside on a swing set.
Where it was first my parents exchanging rings.
then the film scrolled down to the right and showed the little girl, selena, and then Sokka also putting on rings as part of the wedding ceremony.

(I skipped to the ending in my dream...where everyone is happy and knows their place...and then I went back to when Sokka and Selena were still being rebellious)

There was a scene soon after with all of us in a church chapel type place...very fancy with colored windows.
and the white horse coming in and attacking Selena.
-selena attacking her copy cat.-
She ended up becoming herself at the end of that.

It was during this part...where there was a Selena copy wandering around....when Sokka started becoming weirded out by his sister. After Selena hadn't believed in any of the traditions of the people here.
And all of a sudden she was following the traditions.

There was one where the little girl and I had been on a stairwell inside a tree...where we were staying. It was dark, but the little girl was petting a kitten. It was cute and small black and white. And she wanted me to pet it too as part of one of the costumes.
Sokka didn't want to pet the cat though. He petted it, then thought it was a stupid idea and stopped doing it and went up to the entrance of the stairway.

(Sokka went through many scenes where he'd step outside wearing a shirt..and had to end up dashing to cover or tearing off his shirt. There was one where he turned a corner and flattened himself between two very thin walls so the mud balls couldn't get at him.)
People thought he was either very brave...or very stupid. lol.

Anywho selena was at the top of the staircase. and suddenly Sokka had my school backpack on his shoulders...it was very heavy. -an Army looking backpack And we were in my home kitchen.
(Okay, I'll admit I was mostly looking from Sokka's point of view. But I had my moments with Selena as well.)
I was following Selena to the entrance of the house.
When she opened up the cupboard where we usually store the vases and phone books and recipe books and went through it appearing on the otherside of the counter from the door...that usually held the plastic cups next to the sink but not under the sink.
She wanted me to follow her....
And I started to...
Then I realized.
I have this really big back pack on my shoulders and I can't really squeeze through...so why would I follow that stupid tradition.
So I just went the usual way. Between the counter and the refrigerator...where there was an actual walkway.
Selena was mad at me for not following that village tradition.
And i couldn't understand why. After all. I had the heavy backpack on! It wouldn't have fit.
And she was like "Something bad is going to happen."
By this point we'd reached the front door.
And I open it.
And there is this tall blonde crazy lady...with dark pants and a...red shirt...like a belly tank top shirt...she looked like an actress I recognized...but I don't know her name. Standing there with this huge smile on her face.
It was one of those moments where you slam the door shut in terror...then open it again really slow to let her talk at us.
She gave us a message.
and sokka didn't believe it.
I think it was a message about finding love or something. Finding yourself. Believing in the traditions of the village...it was a message that put Sokka's back up. He was like "I don't need that!"
And the woman was like. "Oh yah? What do you have that replaces it?"
And I started pulling out a multiple array of different rock massage wands...most of them a shade of orange/brown. Saying that these were what replaced it.
And the lady kept shaking her head at me. Saying "That's not the real reason. That's not the real reason."
Finally sokka through up his hands in frustration and shouted something along the lines of "I'm afraid alright! Terrified!" something like that...where he admitted to himself and to her what he'd been running from.
It had something to do with trying to win over his crush...but he was failing...or trying to find his true love or something.
So he ends up stomping away from the woman in anger and despair.

And...we come back to Sokka....walking out of the house a while later. (Doing a shirt-mudballs attack scene) But he wanders the village.
and sees these guys making these words on the other end.
Sokka gets really excited about this, thinking along the lines that learning how to sword fight would help him with his problem.
There was a group of ...four to five guys. teenagers and an old master (similar looking to the sword master Sokka from Avatar encounters when he wants to learn how to fight) and they're forging swords on a wooden table. Sparks and fire are flying everywhere as they hammer the swords in to shape.
But when they're done with the...five...five swords they just lay them on the table. And they look like fancily carved wooden swords -the blades had different cuts/notches/lengths/widths/designs on them.
Not metal at all, like Sokka had thought before.
and then the all started walking away from the table.
So sokka...wanting to help out...started gathering the swords to carry them for the others.
But the master turned around and gave a look...where Sokka knew he'd done something wrong.
So he put the swords back the way he saw them on the table.
And started walking away back to the other side of town where his house was.
Then the group of teenager boys (18-20) called out to him.
That he couldn't just move past the tree
(There was a big tree before the wooden table)
And not pay up or tell them what he needed them to do.
Because these were those "One harvester" people mentioned at the beginning of the dream.
Basically...they will cut down your crops for you with their special swords, for a price.
And they take offense...to having people who don't need help 'accidently' crossing their lines.
So they wanted me to tell them what I wanted them to do and they were getting all offended that I wasn't telling them anything.
I was trying to defend myself by telling them I wasn't aware of any group boundaries within the village.
They told me there were. That past the tree was theirs.
And I was like "Well the restaurant on the other side of the village isn't like that"
And they were like "yes it is."

It skips again to Sokka waking up...
and having wings. White wings.
He panics and tries to pull them out. 
-It doesn't works.

But basically is the "Savior" of the village.
He's the one they've been waiting for to help everyone escape this horrible island...with all its strange customs.
Selena as the white horse was Sokka's mighty stead, and he gets a sword to fight in a battle...against the island to help free everyone that's prisoner there.

And sokka is envisioning somehow getting back onto another passing cruise liner ship when another one comes by again...

When the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away...
And I became myself again.

Heh. :) wow, that was a long dream to write down ^^;;
You just read A Six Page Dream :D
Okay...just made the font bigger...so its an Eleven Page Dream. ^^;

And that
is why the fox never came home. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment