Monday, March 14, 2011

She said

This is a random little post about a quirk I've notice some of us people do.

It involves names.
mostly in 'conversational' situations. Where there are alot of people
imputing their opinions and thoughts and feelings.
(okay...classrooms where discussions happen)
And I notice that whenever a person doesn't know the person's name that commented before they spoke...
They usually say "just like She said." or something like that.
I haven't really noticed the "just like He said."

Its not like we don't know who is being talked about. (those who were paying attention...and were there)
It also helps that they might gesture in some way to indicate who they are referencing.

But for some reason it....gives me a pause. A "Wait a minute" moment whenever I hear
A person referenced in that manner.

I think it shows that we don't know a person's name...
but otherwise...I'm not sure why the "She said" bugs me.....
It just does.
Its not like we're demeaning a person in a way by just referring to them as a She or a He when talking about what they said......

Yah. I dunno. It was just a thought :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves!
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment