Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Light Statement

I went to a farewell today.
Which was both nice...and not nice.
:) lol the unnice part was that today....was daylight savings....so everything came an hour earlier then normal.
And going to bed late...and getting up early....well
Lets just say.....that it doesn't work out much lol :)
Still the farewell was great ^^ I enjoyed listening to the speakers.

But my moment of "AHHA!" came after the missionary farewell.
When we were driving home.
I happened to glance up at a sign
As we turned onto a different street
And I saw one of those signs
Where you have to put a message up letter by letter...yah one of those signs.
And instead of the typical "This is on sale today! This is what we have! etc."
There was a message.
I'm not sure if the message somehow applied to the store the sign was for...
I didn't pay attention to that. :)
But the message basically said this:

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."  

And yah.....
I can't really to think of anything to say that would explain how that statement cheered me up. :)
But basically I agree.
That its better to do something about a problem to just complain about that problem.
That its better to be a bright light unto others instead of stumbling around in darkness like everyone else.

lol there are multiple meanings I think that this statement could have. :)
But it was a moment of brightness in my day :)
And I enjoyed it for those couple of moments. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment