Friday, March 4, 2011

Of the Moment

What has been your greatest trial?


Have you ever been asked that before?


Your greatest trial?


Yah....
Has something come to mind?
Well...if it has the next question would be.
"What happened, how did you get through it?"


For me...I'm still stuck on question one.
What has been my greatest trial?


Now...I do have trials....everyone does.
But do I have a 'greatest' trial?


I have to say....no.
Instead I would say:
I have trials of the moment.


If I look at specific aspects of my life I can say "Yes that was my greatest trial...for that moment."
But overall....no...I haven't (yet) had a greatest trial that would 'define my life'

Instead...I have trials of the moment.
But...I also don't really view them as trials.
Instead I view the events that could be trials...as experiences that will help me grow somehow.
Perhaps it was because when  I was in 9th grade in my first semester of Seminary...
I discovered 1 Corinthians 10:13

     There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

This scripture has given me confidence.
No matter what bumps in the road I may encounter, I know that I will be able to get over those mountains and through those craters.
Why? Because God will not suffer me to be tempted more then I can stand.
Whatever problems come my way.
I already know that I will make it through somehow.

So, I do have trials.
Emotional, Physical, Spiritual Trials.
Each have their moments in my life.
They will come in their time and place.
But if I keep the right focus.
I will be able to get through another dose of the refiners fire, stronger then I was before.
Because as Elder Quentin L. Cook stated in his talk today at the Institute Devotional: 
     "There is no chance, fate, or destiny that can circumvent, hinder, or control the firm resolve of a determined soul"
I just need to trust in the Lord, and ask for his counsel and guidance and the strength to continue onward whenever I start to struggle.
Because without him...
I would fall.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment