Friday, December 16, 2011

The Benefits of Waiting

I went Christmas shopping today.
Mostly because I needed to get a Secret Santa gift for a party that night.
-The person I was supposed to give my present to....didn't show up :( Awwww
I was looking forward to seeing the look when the present was opened....
Anyway....
I was a shopping around. Looking for other presents to give to various people.
And then I saw them.
Soft.
Cozy.
Blankets.
()_()
Oh, how I WANTED to buy them.
At least for me. :)
lol My AT gave me a love of a nice new cozy blanket to use to cuddle up in with a good book.
And I saw those...and I was like "Must GET one FOR me!"
Cept....I had this small insy tinsy little problem.
Its December.
>.<
Not 'suposed to buy stuff for yourself.
:( :( :( :(
So with great reluctance.
I bought two of them anyway ^^ lol
>.> Not for me of course. <.<
:) I gave them to my Institute Co-Chairs
So that they could enjoy the fuzzy warm softness.
While I looked on with envy.
Lots of envy.
I like soft blankets after all.
I figured I'd go buy one after Christmas was over if I didn't get one. lol.
>.> There are alot of things I might go chase after and get after Christmas.
I found lots of stuff that I wanted lol.
Usually just trinkets and random cute things. ;) lol

Anywho.
I went to my Secret Santa/ White Elephant/ Institute Council party tonight. :)
And my Secret Santa....
Gave me.
A BLANKET!
YES!!
Its around my shoulders now ^^
Nice. Soft. Cuddly. Warmness
Lol I was so excited that I got a blanket that I didn't even see the gift card that also came with it until after I got home. haha. ^^;;;

Soo in the end.
Waiting was worth it. :D
Because I got what I wanted ^^
Yay!!

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was on some sort of...field trip.
Where we were in a museum/cave sort of place.
Me and a few of my classmates.
We were younger...early teens or so.
got up on the 'stage' sitting on rocks and trees and such.
To get a view of the back of the cave.
So i guess we were on the stage where the audience would sit...
I don't know.
But off to my right of the cave was a fissure about as wide as a person or two.
and one of the 'leaders' of the group a teacher.
Came out of the fissure with a kitten in hand.
It was cute. A grey tabby.
And asked "Who wants one?"
ME!! Pick me!!
I knew i could have one of the kittens that they were passing out.
But I so wanted one.
They were cute, and I decided it didn't matter if I couldn't have one, I wanted one.
So I peered off towards where the girl -that was enlisted to help pass out the kittens- was.
And I saw this cute calico type kitty. It had a black ring around its right eye.

I wanted that one!
But then I saw another black cat.
It was my cat Dove.
And those were HER kittens they were passing out.
:O
She also had another batch of younger kittens there as well. 2 weeks or so old.
And I was like.
Oh no!
So I went to them.
And ended up being in the roots of the Walnut tree of my neighbors yard.
Not in the roots. the kittens and Dove were between two roots. but I was outside. and yah.
But before I could do anything about the situation.
Our neighbor from across the street: Riva Wadsworth.
Came outside calling for Dove...but she called her by some other name.
The woman had a bowl shape haircut, except the grey hair went down to her shoulders and it was all evenly edged with a bang cut.
She was rather mean. Saying that she had cared for Dove and that Dove was her cat now and I had left her all alone so I had no right to do anything and to get away from those kittens! so on and so forth.
I calmed her down, saying that I was just trying to help. That I didn't want to take the kittens away from Dove and I was trying to protect them.
And then she was all smiles and laughter and bright and cheerful...her hair was dyed reddish brown and cut to chin length.
Then...my bottom front left tooth fell out.
()_() I'm not sure how it happened but it basically just snapped.
And then the bottom right front tooth.
FELL OUT TOO!
Except this one was more like I pulled it out of the gum.
That wasn't good.
Nope nope.
So what did I do?
Stuck them back in my mouth.
And hoped that they would...'fuse' back together or something.
I opened my mouth wide at some point.
And noticed that there was alot of....dark green 'rot' type looking stuff on my teeth. :S
And that they were making my teeth get full of cavities
and that's why my bottom two fell out.
So I grabbed some toothpaste and brushed and brushed and brushed.
I might have tried some Listerine stuff at some point.
-The green stuff looked like green sparkles.Evil green sparkles.
And as I rinsed and checked my mouth again.
I saw that I had managed to make my teeth white and shiny again.
But...there were still green sparkles.
They just kept coming.
They never seemed to end. :S
Then I was on the run. Trying to make a great escape with two other people on a bike.

We were escaping and we drove up this dirt mountain (big mountain not a hill a mountain)
There were houses all over the place.
But we came to this area where the dirt curved up into a ramp.
And we were going to hang glide off of it.
Um. No. No thank you.
No way no how.
I am not going hang gliding.
(I don't like the idea of there being nothing stable to grab onto)
So another pair...the Jared pair went first.
While my guy was trying to convince me that I wouldn't die.
I just had to harness myself up. Take the ramp. Make sure I tilt down at a certain angle then up again....
Yah. First time doing this. No buddy to go with me.
I was not doing it.
I told them I would meet them elsewhere.
So
I ended up in a van....some sort of car.
On a...youth excursion.
We were driving down to wherever we were going.
I got the sense that it was a hiking/archaeological type of expedition.
But then...
We pulled up to the point of the mountain.
And there was gravel and such and tents and the like for digging.
But we weren't digging.
The point of the mountain is a hang gliding spot.
And what do you know... people were hang gliding/parachuting off the top of the mountain.
I made my way up the gravel -black- to sit and watch and eat a sandwich.
Again people tried to convince me that it was safe.
Jared told me that he had been terrified too until he'd tried it and then it was fun.
Ah huh.
I could believe that I would have fun after I did it.
But that didn't mean that I was willing to do it.
Instead I set under a canopy and watched the system they used to get the people to the top of the mountain.
It was like a ski lift...but in zip line form and your parachute was how you got up. You hooked yourself up to a line. The wind would blow on your parachute, it would pull you up the mountain.
And walla! I think you had to do some kind of jump thing to reach the top.
I know that one kid missed.
and that he ended up landing on the canopy.
Luckily I moved so I didn't get hit when he landed.
(the parachute kept him from plummeting into the tent.)
They were trying to convince me to take my turn.
Make sure that everyone had gone.
I was keeping quiet hoping that they'd overlook me.

When the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment