Monday, December 5, 2011

Confused? Well...I was Confused First.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm naive.
I don't think I am.
So then I wonder, if I just don't think things through enough...
I think I do.
So then I think to myself, huh....why did that person think that? I saw no harm to it....weirdos.
Usually I'm right. ;) lol

Almost a week ago, I went up with a few members from council to film announcements for the Institute.
Today was the first day that they aired on the TVs in the institute building.

Today I also ran into a class buddy of mine. -We've had a class together almost every semester.
Class Buddy saw the announcements.
And saw me on them.
(I had tried to avoid getting on TV....oh well ;) I just can't resist the limelight)
Yet...he was bugged by what I was doing on the TV.
Or rather, what my partner for the announcement was doing on TV.

-we were doing boy and girl couples so that there was a boy and girl on camera together each saying a little something announcement wise before switching to another couple.
...after all the Institute promotes 'getting married and dating' right? :P

Well my partner decided to put his arm around me so that his hand rested on my waist. -Like where a guy would put his hand if you were slow dancing.
I didn't think much of it. I had put my arm around my partner as well -though you couldn't see it on camera.
I thought it just showed....idk a 'good vibe' concept.

...apparently not.
For some reason my Class Buddy....seemed to be extremely bothered by the fact that my partner for the announcements had his hand on my waist.
O.o
I don't see why.
I would have understood if it was inappropriately placed or something (Like I'd allow that to happen. the guy would get a nice red welt across his face if he tried.)
But the placement was fine. Like I said, it was where a guy would put his hand if we were slow dancing.

So I'm confused....did I miss something?
I don't think I did....but I can be rather naive at times.

All I could think of...was that Class Buddy didn't like seeing...idk that much 'closeness'? The other announcers weren't standing as close to each other as my partner and I were....
But that was because we get along well with each other. There isn't that big of a bubble around yourself when you're on LDSSA lol. We're a close nit group. Bonded through trials and close from awesomeness happening to us on our journey together.  

Perhaps it was an age thing? While my partner and I are only 2 years apart. I do have a 'young' face. So that I look like I'm 15-18 (depending on if I'm in a college setting or not) Perhaps it bugged Class Buddy to see 'young' me with....older 'looking' him? I don't know...my partner doesn't look that much older then me either

Can you see why I'm confused?
Because I can see why I'm confused because I don't understand what was wrong with the whole thing!
Most cases I can figure out "oh...they were thinking those thoughts....I wasn't....odd" (Perhaps I'm being more mature then Class Buddy was?)
Yet with this...I can't.
He was holding me around the waist. Yes.
Is that bad to me? No. If it was I wouldn't have allowed it.

Basically all I can come down to was...that class buddy didn't like seeing that kind of....affection?....on the screen.

I'm not sure why though.
Oh. Perhaps he thought that my partner was a 'stranger' someone I got 'stuck' with to do the announcements and that it was odd for a 'stranger' to be soo....close to me?

Well...my partner isn't a stranger. I've been with him on council since April. We've worked together, had meetings together. He's not a stranger to me.

Yah....
I saw nothing wrong with it.
Camera guys saw nothing wrong with it.
My co-chair saw nothing wrong with it.
And my Partner saw nothing wrong with it.

So five people saw nothing wrong with it....Otherwise it wouldn't have happened because those camera guys were rather sticklers for making sure everything was 'right' and gave off the 'right mood.'

I'm sorry Class Buddy.....I still don't understand. 
In this case, I'm going to keep that 'naiivity'
or perhaps I'll go with keep my 'maturity' and not see anything wrong with it.
There we go. I was more mature then my Class Buddy...so I didn't see anything wrong with it because I...well was more mature? Huh...now that makes me sound prideful....oh well. It makes more sense then me being naive...because I'm actually not that naive...on most accounts lol :)

Yah that makes a lot of sense ;) lol

It was just announcements. We were acting. Bonding in the joint trial of having to be on camera. :S It was fun. :D
>.> Though awkward to see yourself on TV lol.

Everyone who went agrees. They think they look and sound weird on TV. lol :) But we had fun :) and that was the point. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

Editor's Note: Post actually written about 12:30am on December 6th because homework took away the 11pm hour before I realized it. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment