Wednesday, December 21, 2011

7:00 AM

At 7:00am today; while I was asleep dreaming my dreamy dreams. Brandon Sanderson, Finished writing Book 14 of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series titled: A Memory of Light.
I feel like this day should go down in the history books.
Robert Jordan's series, is finally finished!


Back in 2007, when I found out that Robert Jordan had passed away...
I was devastated. Book 11 had come out. With an Epic Cliff Hanger ending!
And....the author had died. Which meant that I would never find out what happened to my favorite Wheel Of Time Characters.


That was De. Ve. Sta. Tion.
An unfinished series.
I'm pretty sure my High School grades took a hit that semester after I found out that Robert Jordan had died. Yes, I was that shook up by it.


His first book came out the same year I was born. (about 6 months before my birth) It had been tentatively scheduled to just be a trilogy.
Hah. Not. 14 books later...all of them over 500 pages long.
I didn't pick up the series until...sixth grade maybe? I'm pretty sure I was still in Elementary school because I remember checking out Part 1 of book 1 from the Library right before my family took a trip to see my Maternal Grandparents.
I remember reading book 1.....and chopping at the bit to read well I guess it was part 2 of book 1.
So much so that I couldn't pick up another book until we got back in town and I was able to find part 2...I dunno if I ever found it in the library. I might have just gotten it from the book store.
After that...I was hooked.
I'm not sure how many of the series were out by the time I started reading them.
I came in 'rather late' to the series. Judging by the release dates I picked it up....probably around the 8th book. Since I don't think I got into fantasy until...5thish grade, that would make the most sense.
Needless to say. Its my top favorite series.


....Others though....don't seem to think so. lol.
I've tried to convince others to read this much beloved series of mine.
They end up...well not getting very far.
Apparently there is too much description for them in the books.
O.o I don't think so ^^ I love the description.


hehe a person on facebook commented that "'those people who don't like all the description RJ used, are not true fans." -paraphrase
I would have to agree. How can you be a true fan of Robert Jordan if you don't like the description?
I don't know....there could be a huge argument about it I suppose.


But Anyway.
Devastation.
This Awesome series wasn't going to be finished!


But then a Ray of Light.
I was stalking....some website...and I found out that another Author had been asked to take up where RJ had left off.
Elation! The series would be finished. the 'Last book" would be written!
Hesitancy. Could anyone finish RJs work?
So I did what anybody would do. ;) I stalked this new author I'd never heard of before.
Brandon Sanderson.
Elation. He lives in the same state I do!
Super cool.
That meant he had to be awesome right? Right. ;)
And he had books he'd written! :) yay :)
And he responded back to emails! -I emailed him...to ask him questions. He was very nice. And Responded!
I devoured his books. :D Awesome writer.
Soo I wasn't too hesitant to have him finish the last book.
And that last book...turned into 3 books.
And they've been good. :) yay!


And this morning. Sanderson...finished the last book.
:S
I'm not sure what to think about this.
I'm elated. Yes. Very Elated. The book should come out next year sometime -after revisions and editing and all that publishing stuff.
But I'm also.....its bittersweet.
Because I'm excited to know how everything finally ends.
But I don't want it to end!
I've basically grown up with all the Wheel of Time characters.
And its....depressing to know. That there will no longer be any more scenes written, anymore stories told, any more of my favorite characters *coughMatcough*
The last scenes are finished.
The path is set.
And...I just can't comprehend...there not being another book after this one comes out.
Its like Harry Potter all over again ;) lol.


It means that I will need to find a new 'ongoing' series to fill the void left by the Wheel of Time being completed.
The problem is...is that void isn't ever completely filled.
I know. There are many voids left when good series are completed.


So its bittersweet for me. To know that there will be no more story. (as of right now) in the Wheel of Time Universe. Which means...that I hope everything turns out well in this final book. That the plot lines are tied up enough to satisfy me.....and that my favorite characters don't end up dead. >.< That's happened more then once to me in my favorite books. that's even sadder in a sense because you can't imagine 'what happens next'....if the character dies.
So I'm hoping that it ends....Well.


:)
Here's to a Memory of Light. The Last book of the Wheel of Time series.
May it bring joy, excitement and peace to my heart when its finally in my hands.


>.>
hehe...and then...oh then, the journey of the Stormlight series will commence!
-Brandon Sanderson plans to write a 10 book series. YAY!! Long series! Love them! He's already written book 1. Book 2 will be written after the Wheel of Time stuff is wrapped up. Which means...at least for this series. I get to follow it from the very beginning. :) Yay!


Here's to an Ending of one Old Great Legacy.
And to the Beginning of a New Great Legacy


May they both be beloved by me for years to come. :)


Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!


-Sarnic Dirchi


The Dream


....I should have written it down sooner.


The last bit involved a short Spanish man coming in somewhere to fix something...perhaps involving unicorns and the guy scared me and he might have had a buddy and I didn't trust them...


The rest of the dream before that was Cool! I just can't remember it :( Sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment