Sunday, December 4, 2011

Love Her Mother

This past month I've been going through the November Conference Ensign. I wanted to highlight things that I liked and such. lol I mostly started highlighting because of a project we were doing in the Institute. -Finding one-liners to use to make new banners to hang in the hallways of the institute. But I had so much fun doing that that I continued to highlight favorite parts. I'm still not done with the ensign. But I'm already planning on going back through searching for something different highlighting different things.
I couldn't resist this though.
For conference my favorite talk was definitely Sister Elaine S. Dalton's talk entitled "Love Her Mother" Its a talk answering the question many fathers might have when they welcome a baby girl to their family. "How can I raise a daughter."
To read the talk you can click on this link http://lds.org/general-conference/2011/10/love-her-mother?lang=eng there is a video option available to the right if you want to watch/listen to instead of read it.

Now. I like this talk. Because it can be multidimensional. For while it talks about what fathers can do to be an example to their daughters. It also shows what daughters need to look for in a spouse. And I like that because alot of the things that she mentioned a father should do. I'm looking for in a husband.

What am I looking for in a husband?

-A guy who treats his mother with respect. Who loves his mother. Who speaks well of her. A guy who treats his sisters the same as the mother. For how he treats his family, he will treat me the same.

-Show tenderness, loyalty, respect, compassion, and devotion.

-Live in a such a way that no girl will think that she's settling for less then she deserves in a husband.

-Show that you value womanhood. That you care about them and don't see them as the objects the world is trying to make them out to be.

-Love in a way that makes the relationship celestial. Once marriage comes keep that relationship celestial.

-Don't let any influence come into your life or your home that would cause you to compromise your covenants or your commitment.

-Live in such a way that you are ALWAYS worthy to enter the temple. Don't allow anything to delay, distract, or disqualify yourself or the girl you're dating from being able to enter the temple.

-Stay close. Talk to each other. Help. Stay worthy. Always be prepared

-preside over the family. Be loving, righteous, responsible, dedicated to providing the necessities of life and protection to the family you will have in the future.

-Always stay worthy of your priesthood.
-Know that you are going to be a guardian. Start now and guard the virtue of the women you date.

-Don't let Satan in. He doesn't need to break down the door to get to you.

-Have pure thoughts, have clean actions. Be virtuous because virtue = godlike.

-Lead. Be an Example.

-Being virtuous shows that you have the true strength and moral courage to stand for what is right.

-Be present. Take an interest in the other's lives. Treat the women you date like an equal.

-Let the women know your standards, your expectations, your dreams.

-Keep your standards of modesty high. Tell the women you date when they're not meeting your standards.

-Be active. Don't just sit around.

-You were valiant in premortal life. Show us how valiant you are in this earthly life. Show us that you qualify and are worthy to be priesthood leaders and to have the power of priesthood authority.

-Exhibit faith and good works.

-Remain prepared to give a blessing at a moments notice.

-Show that you cherish your priesthood. That you don't take it for granted that you have it.

-Be a hero. You don't need to save the world from disaster, but be a hero in your example.

-Have a testimony. Share it. Keep it strong.

-Spend time with the girl, with your family. Show that you care.

-Make it so that your sons can be like the 2000 stripling warriors because of your example.

-Be like unto Moroni.

-Be loyal to the royal within you. You are a king and worthy to have your kingdom.

;) Doesn't seem like much does it ;) lol.
There are more things I would want in a husband. They just weren't mentioned in this talk.
But I love this talk for the specific reason that it does give women examples of what they should look for in a spouse and what men should do to catch a woman's eye.
And the blade can go the other way. The list of things I stated above can be what women need to do (with some slight changes) in order to be a good mother. To be a good wife.

So I like this talk. Because it shows us what we should do to prepare for that day...when we are to get married. And it also shows those already married, what they can do to improve their relationship with God, their spouse, and their family.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was on vacation with my family in a wooded area next to a lake -never really saw the lake.
My sister and my mom had gone off to go do something...it involved walking. I think they were heading somewhere to do something. I was distracted doing other things...cleaning up? Eating dinner.
sooo bad. My mom was like: Well if you had come with us earlier we could have eaten here instead of back there. I was rather disappointed, but then we had moved on going through the street with the stores on either side....more came after this point...but it was forgotten due to


the unholy tones of daylight pulling me away....
and me becoming myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment