Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Natural Christmas

I have neglected one of my favorite Christmas songs.
-I know you're thinking. "No! Christmas is over! No more songs!"
But this is actually one I listen to on my Ipod all year around.
Soo It doesn't have to be Christmas! So there. :P ;) lol
But I figured I would share it today, the last day of the year.

Why?

This song has been a favorite of mine since I was little.
I never heard it on the radio. It was just one of those CDs my Dad would put in when I was younger.
And I would love to listen to it and I looked forward to Christmas every year because I could listen to this song to my hearts content all month long. It was especially cool when our furniture was rearranged to fit the Christmas tree(s) and there would be new little alcoves and hiding spots in the front room. I remember hiding in those spots listening to this song. Or else I would just be sitting in the semi-darkness with the glow of the tree lights as my company. Then I would listen to this song....

But unfortunately Youtube has failed me and even Itunes does not have the CD containing the song.
So it resides in my Ipod. And on the CD case in the living room.

Its name?
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen by NorthSound.

NorthSound has music similar to that of Mannheim Steamroller. Meaning that the songs are just music. No lyrics. (except in rare cases with Mannheim)
NorthSound takes Christmas songs, and adds in the sounds of nature. Birds calling, water trickling. Things like that.
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen is my favorite...
because it contains the sounds of wolves.
And the way the music is played this song sounds like a hunt is a foot!
Its a thrilling beat of music that gets my heart pumping when I hear the wolves's howl.

It is Awesome!
Yet...I can't find it on the Internet to show you. :( So I cannot share it. :(
But if you can find it. This Awesome song is found in NorthSound's 1992 Album -A Natural Christmas.

Happy Hunting!

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was in some sort of cargo hold with three others.
We were...searching for something, hiding from our parents.
But then we heard them coming, so we tried to hide behind a pile of junk covered in cloth.
But it wasn't big enough to hid us all so Kikay, me and the other had bits of us in plain view.
Kikay held up a pillow to try and cover me, but as the door opened she slowly dropped it.
I thought that was stupid. It showed movement and would direct the attention to us.
But they didn't see us.
Why?
We'd covered ourselves in dragon blood...
So it looked like some big battle had taken place.
And we basically became invisible.

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away...
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment