Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sunglasses and Santa Hats

6th Grade.
The envy of the school.
The top dogs on the play ground.
And the kids who would get to sing on the stage at Christmas.
...Well not on the stage. They would sit on the three steps of the stage.
Nobody would sit on the stage, the curtain in the multipurpose room would be firmly closed.
But the sixth graders could sit on the stage steps.
The rest of the grades had to sit on the floor.
We'd all sit in a circle facing each other.
The Kindergartners would start first and sing their song maybe two songs, and we'd cycle up to the 6th years.
And as 6th years we got to sing a song...involving....Santa hats and sunglasses.
Ah man, it felt so cool to have the sunglasses on and oooing and acting cool. It's a good memory. :)

Little Saint Nick.


(sorry that there were no Sunglasses or Santa Hats but the flashing lights are cool!)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was riding my bike quickly to my home, Past the factories and the gravel mountain and up the hill. It was a bit treacherous snow/ice on the ground. But as I was riding up, I met a few of my friends coming down the hill. Heading to a mall. I decided to go along with them...until I found out that the mall was known for its...drug problems. I think it was marijuana...some specific drug was named. I decided to turn back....
I was up the hill in a different house from my own. The Police were there having apprehended the people going to the mall. They asked me to come in. So i did....they talked to me.
And then 'sentenced me'
I was like "Wait. Hold on. I didn't do anything! I turned back! I wasn't there!"
That didn't seem to matter to me.
They said that I had to serve "Four Days in School"
I was like...okay I already go to school.
But then I asked. What they  meant.
They meant that I had to go to an Elementary school and serve Four days.
I told them that was outrages. I had a life. I had other things I needed to do and it wasn't fair and I wasn't going to do it because I committed no wrong!
I told them as much, that they were being out of hand...and they tried to sentence me for longer...thinking it was compromising...but it was in reverse where they were extending my sentence.
Then I was in an elementary school. Not really helping out or doing anything. Just watching the teacher go about with her class in the room. She kept saying stuff like "Because you did this I'm giving you this." And it wasn't like a piece of candy. They were pretty big rewards, like Extreme Home Makeover type of rewards. At one point some papers fell to the ground and I went to pick them up. They were just this and that but I came across this certificate with a gold pin in it in some sort of angelic Moroni sense. It had my name on it. Which I thought was weird...I wasn't in elementary school. The teacher had moved on to another kid. a small boy with some knee problem. It wasn't working correctly. She told him that because of doing something he was going to get the surgery he needed to fix his knee.

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again.

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment