Wednesday, November 20, 2019

A Dark Welcome

It's always an adventure coming back to work after being gone on vacation.

Because there's always something that's gone wrong while I've been gone. 

This time around....

It seems to have been the weekend of death.

As when I did our weekly animal count today...we had a dozen animals missing from our inventory. 

Now the animals could be missing from the inventory for a variety of reasons. 

The main one being that they ended up dying.

But other reasons could be that a) the animals weren't received in properly b) they weren't sold properly or c) they escaped.

In any case.
Compared to like the last...well forever.

This was a hard hitting week for us in all areas.
Rodents, Birds, and Reptiles.

It's weird.
To have so many animals 'missing' 

But that's not all. 

I came in this morning.
To discover that in our feeder goldfish tanks.
The our small goldfish....

Were all dead.

Or dying.

And we've had die offs before.
But this was like a thousand.

A literal
Thousand Goldfish.
Died overnight.

As I checked with my coworkers and they said the goldfish were fine yesterday.

A couple texts to my manager.

Revealed that they treated the fish system last night.
-Which I had wondered because there were bubbles on top of the water that usually form when some sort of treatment is added to it.
However, they had used 'less' than the usual amount that we usually use to treat the fish.

Which shouldn't have caused an issue....

But I also noticed that the locklines to the goldfish were clogged.
So barely if any water was flowing into the tank.

So I'm halfway wondering if my manager treated the system.
But the locklines clogged up after so fresh water couldn't flow into the tank.
And maybe those particular ones had a heavier dose than compared to the others.....

*exhales*

It's hard to know.
I did what I could to try and fix the problem.

But yah.
A thousand goldfish. 
Dead.

What a welcome back. *shakes head*

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment