Monday, November 11, 2019

Another Visit

My managers were stressing today at work.
Mostly because they've been trying to get the store ready for yet another visit from someone higher up in the manager chain of command. 

This time around the visit involves our Regional Manager.
Which apparently they divide the country in half.
And one Regional Manager takes the West side and the other one takes the East side.

And they just travel from store to store to store checking out things each year.

Their visits are less common to the stores as we only see them like...around every three to four years or so.

This visit they're going to be visiting half the stores in my state for sure.
Leaving the remaining half on alert just in case the RM decides to randomly stop by.

Unfortunately (fortunately?) for my store....we're first on the docket tomorrow to be visited. 

I'm hoping their visit isn't longer than an hour or two.
But who's to know for sure.

In any case they're supposed to be showing up first thing in the morning.

But it's not going to be just the RM visiting our store.

Of course we expected our District Manager to be there as they're usually the one who takes the higher ups all around their district to the stores that are being visited.

But today my Head Manager was telling me that there's literally going to be like a dozen people descending on our store tomorrow morning.

The DM and their Boss along with the RM and then like the VP of pricing and the VP of merchandising, and like four other people were mentioned who's duties I don't remember.
but basically we're going to have a mob of 'important' people in the store tomorrow. 

*exhales*

So of course everyone is stressing out.

Hopefully this visit is quick and painless.

But needless to say, I tried to help out where I could to ease the stress my managers were feeling.

Mostly in that I stayed an hour late at work applying shoe polish to the black baseboards at the bottom of our fishwall to make them look nicer, and then applied some sort of chemical thing to our feeder goldfish walls (the outside glass not inside the glass) to scrub away the hard water stains there and make them look nicer.

As the RM is basically wanting the store to be at 'opening day' standards. Like. How the store should look on it's very first day of ever being opened.

Which...considering my store is probably as old as dirt....
It's hard to get the old place looking new again.

Still.
I hope we make a good impression.
I'm pretty sure we will, we've done good so far on other visits, so I don't expect there to be any major issues tomorrow either.

but we'll see I suppose. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment