Saturday, November 16, 2019

Spoiling Others

As I said in yesterday's post.
I like to give gifts about as much as I like to receive them.

And part of my purpose for coming out to visit my Godparents.
Is because my Godmother's birthday is this month.
And while it's not during the weekend I'm here.
We agreed that while I was here we would celebrate her birthday.

Which of course means presents.

And with how much she loves to spoil me.
I was going to do my best to spoil her in return.

She didn't make it easy though, when I asked her what she wanted for her birthday.
As her quick answer was "You!" 

Lol and while I was already coming,
I wanted to be able to give more gifts than myself to her while I was here. 

So for the past month or so.
I've been scouring Amazon,
searching for ideas.

Basically taking little snippets of conversation that we'd had and finding bits of info contained within it that would lead me to searching for gifts off of that to give to her.

The other slight problem.
Is that I would be flying to see her.
Which would mean that anything I wanted to get her,
Would either need to be shipped to her place directly.
Or taken by me on the plane.

The larger gifts that I found, and the ones that I knew I couldn't take on the plane on a carryon...I ended up shipping directly to her.

But the rest of the gifts.
I ended up bringing with me.

Honestly, I'm surprised with the variety of gifts that I brought in on my carry on...
That I wasn't stopped by the TSA and had my bagged checked.
Because I was totally expecting to have my bag checked. 

Still it was a relief I didn't have to go through the process of repacking my stuff.

As it was quite the tetris feat to get everything I wanted to pack into my bag lol. 

It was worth it though.

Watching her open all her gifts tonight.

Was such a wonderful feeling.
She loved every single one of them.
And spent like a good five minutes admiring each gift before moving onto the next one.

And that was a relief really to know that she likes them all and that I did good. 
^^;;

So relieved. 

I'm glad I was able to spoil her today. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment