Wednesday, November 13, 2019

The Day Before

It's interesting how similar events can take place on the same day year after year after year without purposely doing it.

Like a while back I went through my journals and compared what was happening that day each year that I'd kept track of the journal.

And it was surprising the amount of times me getting sick would fall on the same weekend.
Or I would go see a movie. 

Like vacations slightly make more sense of them happening around the same time.

But other random events like those stated above were far more interesting.

Today was one of those correlating days.

In the fact that I met up with two of my friends today.

And those two friends?
I'd met up with them a year ago, on this same day.

Back then we were meeting up to go see the new Fantastic Beasts movie. The second one. 

This time around we just met up to go to dinner.

So we met up. But did a different thing.

Which is probably good.

Because...honestly I don't know if I could have handled seeing a movie with those two friends today.

Why?

Because last year, on this day....this was the final evening that my Mother Dearest spent on Earth.

Last year on this day...my family and I had come back to my parent's place after spending the weekend up the canyon on top of the mountain in a condo.

We'd gone up there for a 'last hurrah' for the year.
A mellow family vacation up in a ski resort area. 
There was snow up there.
The sunsets were beautiful there. 

But this day, a year ago, marked the end of that vacation.
We came home and ended up spending a couple of hours at my parent's home.
Watching Love it or List it on the TV there in my parent's bedroom on the bed. 
As they'd been having a marathon and a new episode was due to come up and we wanted to see it.

It was just... a nice mellow evening really.
I was on my laptop doing things.
While the rest of the family was also on the bed (Daddoo, Mother Dearest, Kikay and I -as Meralto and his wife had just come up for a day to the condo and were already back in their own homes.) doing our own thing. 

We probably would have stayed far later Kikay and I.
Honestly, Kikay had considered just staying the night to help Mother Dearest Out.
Because she'd been struggling with being able to breathe for most of the trip.
Getting winded after climbing a simple set of stairs.

And at that point in time, Kikay was working from home, so she could stay at my parents and help mother dearest out around the house.

Yet, we both ended up deciding to head home.
And Kikay would return in the morning.

In any case.

We left Mother Dearest there in the bedroom.
A Hug goodbye. A simple "Love you." 

And we were off.
Heading back to Happy Valley.

Racing back really, so that I could get home to drop off Kikay and then head out to go see the movie with my two friends. 

And I had fun with my friends.
It was a good night, though the movie wasn't my favorite. 

It's crazy really....

To think how much life would change in a few hours.
How on the morrow (the 14th) Mother Dearest would unexpectedly pass away.

How she would be fine one moment....
And gone the next.

So yah....

It's crazy that the same two friends decided to meet up today, a year later.
When Mother Dearest's Angelversary is looming ever closer over my head.

It's been a struggle.
I've been struggling with this year mark since October Hit.

I don't want it to come.
I don't want it to be a year already without her.

A year without being able to physically speak to her, call her, hug her, talk to her. 

*exhales*

It's hard.
So hard.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment