Thursday, November 28, 2019

Cooking Turkey

I was probably stressing more than I needed to be.

But at the same time.
I've never cooked a turkey before.

So I was rather worried that I would either end up burning the thing, or else it wouldn't be cooked and ready by the time dinner was ready to be served. And like...i like having things done on time. And I would have felt horrible if the turkey had been raw still. :S :S :S

Thankfully neither result happened. ^^;;

I mean....it wasn't a full turkey that I ended up cooking.
Just kinda like...half a breast of it? Idk. It was enough turkey to have both white and dark meat and to feed two people reasonably well. lol.

But yah.
It hadn't thawed as much as I'd expected it to thaw after I'd stuck it in the fridge....
Maybe I stuck it in the wrong drawer, or our fridge is just much colder than other people's fridges.

So that was worrying.
But thankfully the bit of turkey that I bought said that I would be able to cook it even if it was still frozen. 

So I pulled it out of it's packaging.
Made sure to follow the instructions on it.

-Which why is there weird string wrapped around a turkey anyways? Is it to help it cook or what?? *shakes head* No idea.

But yah. I even did a bit of season salt on the turkey just to give it some flavor just cus....like I've never cooked a turkey before, but you season those things right? Right.

And once the oven was preheated, I made sure that there was some vegetable oil coating the thing -as per the directions said---

And stuck it in.

And proceeded to worry for like the next three hours that it wasn't cooking.

It was. 

But still. Like cooking at 325 degrees just doesn't seem warm enough to cook things?
And like it was three hours!
-I mean, since I have no idea what to look for in being able to tell if a turkey is cooking....it probably could have been done in two....

But like the max said three hours cook time on the packaging.

Which coincidedly matched up with the timing of Daddoo dropping by for dinner.

But yah, like....just looking into the oven every now and then I couldn't tell from the outside if the turkey was cooking or not.
Because the surface still had that near raw look to it.

But the oven was hot.
So that meant it had to be cooking right? 
Right.

*exhales*

It was a relief to have Daddoo show up and have him cut into the turkey and see nice fully cooked meat inside. 

Yay for not failing!! lol. 
^^;;

Plus I think I did pretty well overall getting everything ready.
Like Daddoo had the mashed potatoes.
But I was able to switch the oven to 375 and place some crescent rolls in.
Heat the gravy.
Pull out the salad.
Warm up the peas and corn in the microwave.

And by the time the rolls were ready have everything set up to eat. ^^;;

Yay for getting everything cooked! :D lol. And well...tasty and ready and yah.

Dinner turned out well.
And I'm so relieved that the turkey cooked and tasted good. 
*sigh of relief*
So relived.

Plus I feel rather proud of myself. ^^;;
Lol because I was able to also guess how many Cokes Daddoo would want to drink while he was visiting.

One before/during dinner.
A second after dinner.

And then a third for the road for when he headed back home. ^^;;

Hehe. Sooo proud of myself for guessing that right and having the cold cokes ready in the fridge for him. ^^;; Yay me. 

So yah.
My first attempt at providing Thanksgiving Dinner went really well!!
Much better than expected and I'm so happy about that. :D

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment