Saturday, November 30, 2019

Braving the Snow and the Crowds

So yesterday was Black Friday right?
Right.

Which means crowds and crazy.

But like...at work it wasn't that crazy crazy.
To the point where I was like "Oh yah, let me go check out some other places and see if they have any good sales after work."

Ha.
Ha.

Ah. My young naive self.
But like. Past years there hasn't been much of an issue going to check out sales elsewhere.

but this year?
This year it snowed.
Like blind you, tires sliding through the parking lot, snow snow. 

Which I would think that the snow would make the people stay away.

That wasn't the case at Best Buy.
The one store I ventured into to just...you know....see what sort of deals they had. 

The place was packed.

Like there was a long line halfway down the store that I'm sure would take like thirty minutes to an hour to get through packed as people rushed this way and that.

So like not only had I needed to navigate a snow covered and car filled parking lot.

But the amount of people in Best Buy compared to my store was....majorly different.

I dunno what sales they had going on that had people standing in long lines after lunch time.
But there they were.

*shakes head*

I ended up leaving the store without buying anything.
-Mostly because there was nothing I wanted.
But like idk if I would have stayed if I had to deal with that line.

Speaking of lines.
It took like 20 minutes to get out of that snow covered parking lot.
The cars were lined up, and the easy exits were packed with cars trying to navigate the snow and exit....

Yah.
Definitely felt like winter today. 
Thick.
Heavy.
Winter.

I took the back roads home because I figured a slower speed was much safer than trying to brave the freeway in such a storm.

Thankfully I made it home safely.

But yah.
Totally wasn't expecting the crazy to still be crazy at the other stores so late into the afternoon. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment