Sunday, December 1, 2019

Slip N Slide

I slipped on ice today.

Which is notable for the simple reason that it's been a long long while since I've slipped on ice.
Usually my grip and balance are better.

But walking on ice in pants and sneakers is much different than when you're in heels and a dress.

So yah.
Walking to church, I stepped from the parking lot onto the sidewalk and noted that there was ice.
And I was sure that I had avoided like the big patch I saw.
But apparently there was a more invisible slick patch that I had missed entirely.

Because inbetween one step and the next my feet were suddenly not cooperating with me. 
*exhales*

And down I went.
Thankfully I didn't break my phone.
And i was wearing gloves so my palms didn't get too scratched up, though they did ache a little from the force of the impact. 

The most major injury was that I had slightly scraped my knee.
Because I was wearing a shorter skirt it meant the skin of my knee came into direct contact with the pavement.

Thankfully I think my hands hit the ground before my knee did, so like....it wasn't that bad.
I mean I didn't have to go get bandaids or anything.
But it did suck to have my leg get 'injured' right before church. *shakes head*
Again, luckily I didn't need like a first aid kit because I would have no idea where to get one on campus. *shakes head*

But yah.
I was more careful walking after that point.
Still skidded a little bit on a different patch after church, but I managed to stay on my feet for that one. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment